𝗍𝖾𝗇

Only one word could describe what was going on in Grover Mansion. Chaotic. The preparations were going on in full swing for the wedding. The whole house was being decorated. Every inch of it was being decorated. Workers were decorating the house. Chefs were making drool-worthy desi dishes. Everyone was running here and there, throwing orders at the workers. Everything needed to be perfect. After all, it was the wedding of the daughter of the Grover's with the famous businessman of Asia.

These 4 weeks had passed quicker then ever. No one knew when these 4 weeks passed and when it was finally the first day of the first ceremony. The sangeet.

• • • • •

Nandini stuffed her mouth with chips, making sure to not get it over her lovely dress. Nandini was wearing a burnt orange lengha. The top was a frock that had golden embroidery all over it, with a cut in the middle that showed a bit of her stomach, while the lengha was plain yet gracious.

She had her hair in a ponytail with light curls. Her jewelry was simple and so was her makeup, like always. All her wedding shopping was done by her cousins and her. Even though she wasn't interested in the wedding, she still wanted to do everything with happiness because it's not like she'll get married again.

Nandini was taking a sip of her cold drink when the door opened. She looked up and saw Jai and Aarush. Seeing Nandini's face stuffed with chips, Jai burst into laughter. Aarush lovingly just smiled at his daughter, who was soon going to leave. Nandini pouted when she saw Jai laughing at her.

"God! I feel so bad for Armaan. What has he gotten himself in to!" Nandini furrowed her eyebrows at this statement. "Haas lo, jab mein yahan paar nahi hoon gi, phir yaad karna apni pyaari bhen ko." Jai still didn't stop laughing which made Nandini whine. "See papa! He's so mean to me. He doesn't like me. Now I know why he was so eager for me to agree to this marriage." Aarush slapped the back of Jai's head and said, "Stop laughing at my daughter. Tumhara time bi aya ga." Jai finally stopped laughing and Nandini stuck her tongue out at him.

"It's not my fault. What type of girl that is getting married eats like this just before her soon-to-be husband comes?" "Well I'm special. Right papa?" Nandini turned towards Aarush and he said, "Obviously!" Jai rolled his eyes as he saw the duo.

He mentally grinned as he still wasn't done teasing Nandini. "There is something on your face Nandu." Nandini touched her face, trying to find the 'something'. "Where? What is it?" she asked, after she didn't find anything. "Ugliness." Nandini looked at Jai's laughing figure with her mouth hung open.

She picked up a pillow and smacked Jai with it. "Bhai!" Jai kept laughing while Nandini huffed in anger. "Gosh, you both. When you're done with your fights, please come downstairs. They all are coming soon." Nandini and Jai were way to busy to listen to Aarush as they were hitting each other with a pillow. Aarush got up and shook his head with a smile, seeing his family.

"Ok ok, stop." They both stopped and looked at each other quietly. They soon burst into laughter. "Even though you irritate me so much, I love you." Nandini grinned and flipped her hair. "Everyone loves me bhai." Jai chuckled and said, "Ok, let's go downstairs before papa starts yelling at us. Not us. Me. He won't yell at his princess." Nandini flashed him a big smile and fixed her appearance. "Challo."

• • • • •

The Oberois entered the Grover Mansion garden, where the sangeet was taking place. Everyone's face was shining with a smile except Armaan's. He didn't expect it to be the sangeet already, just like Nandini.