𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Even though it was a nice bright day, Nandini had a a feeling something was going to happen today. And it wasn't every day that Nandini had this type of feeling. Whenever she did have it, usually something would happen. But what could happen today?

Nandini tried to get rid of the feeling she had been getting since the morning. She diverted her mind by cooking something sweet for the family. She decided to make her favorite; rasmalia. Ever since childhood, Nandini had been obsessed with it and would always make it for her family when she felt a bit off or wanted something to do. And today was one of those days.

Nandini made some normal ones and some sugarless ones, which were for dadu. But they still tasted like the normal ones because of the other components Nandini had added. She always put her magic into her cooking. Nandini could win anyones heart just with her cooking and cheerfulness.

•   •   •   •   •

Nandini just finished cooking when she heard noises coming from the other side. It was one in the afternoon, no one came around this time. Who was it?

Due to her curiosity, Nandini cleaned her hands and headed towards where she heard noises. She soon found herself in front of the entrance and saw Sunita hugging some lady, who she couldn't see. Vanraj was standing close to them and had a smile on his face. And a man, who looked as if he was in his late twenties, was standing behind the women.

Nandini walked a bit closer to them and stood from a distance, not want to disrupt them. "I'm so happy you could finally make it." The women broke the hug and Nandini finally got a glimpse of the women and saw a women who looked a bit older then Sunita but seemed as if she was around that age. The lady's aura screamed richness and 'stay-away-from-me' kind of look. But who was she?

"I know, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to Armaan's wedding. I tried but I had to reach Rahul's MBA graduation. But I'm here now. So tell me, where is the new Oberio daughter-in-law?" Vanraj's eyes landed on Nandini, who was standing from a distance and had a confused look on her face. Vanraj smiled at Nandini and gestured her to come towards them. Nodding, Nandini did so and walked up to them.

The women noticed Nandini and watched each and every step of her's intently. "Nandini, this is Armaan's bhua. My daughter, Vidya." Realization struck Nandini, she was the aunt who couldn't make it to their wedding. Now she knew why she was apologizing for not making it to the wedding. She had gone to the states for her sons, apparently for one of their's graduation. Nandini remembered this because Vanraj had told her about it. And she guessed the, man who was standing behind Vidya, was one of her son's.

"Namaste." Nandini gave her charming smile towards Vidya. The charming smile that worked on everyone didn't seem to work on Vidya though. Vidya didn't seem fascinated by Nandini at all and had a neutral expression on her face while she greeted Nandini back.

"I didn't know that the new daughter-in-law of the house would be so um, bland." The smile on Nandini's face dropped but she knew she couldn't let such words effect her, so she quickly put the smile back on her face. When Vidya saw that she couldn't make Nandini feel bad of herself, Vidya became a bit tempered.

Vanraj had stern look on his face and said, "If by bland you mean interesting, then I will agree with you because our Nandini is very interesting." Vidya's anger grew even more when she saw her father was already wrapped around her fingers. It hadn't even been a few months and Nandini had Vanraj on her side. Her work was going to be hard.