𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

Like any other day, Nandini was outside in the garden with Vanraj. They always spent time together outside and gossiped about Armaan like old desi ladies. They were walking through the garden and sharing little secrets with each other.

"Do you know, when Armaan was little he used to get into so many fights at school that he got suspended 3 times and almost expelled. If Vikrant wasn't one of the trusties, Armaan would've been expelled." Nandini could imagine younger Armaan beating kids up and getting in trouble. Older Armaan was no less. "And all that beating just because someone would say something about his friends or would try to say something about his mo-" Vanraj suddenly stopped talking, confusing Nandini.

Vanraj ignored Nandini's gaze on him and changed the subject to the weather and plants. Nandini could sense something was wrong. That's why Vanraj stopped his sentence and changed the subject. Nandini wasn't sure but always had this feeling that everyone was hiding something from her but she never asked as she thought it might be their personal problem which she isn't ready to know yet or they just don't want to talk about it. Knowing it isn't her place to speak, Nandini also let go of the topic.

A few minutes later when Nandini was talking, she looked to her side and didn't find Vanraj there. Confused, Nandini looked around and her eyes broadened when she looked behind her. Vanraj was panting while holding his heart and wobbling while standing.

"Dadu!" Rushing towards him, Nandini quickly held onto him before he could fall. "Dadu, kya hua? Oh god!" Vanraj couldn't hold himself anymore and fell onto the ground but thankfully Nandini was holding him and he didn't get hurt. "Wa..ter." Nandini understood his hoarse voice and quickly nodded. "Ok, please don't move. I'll be back in a second." Nandini then ran inside to bring a glass of water for him. Nandini was moving and running around quickly in the house which caught some of the workers attention.

Nandini then came running back towards Vanraj, but the sight in front of her made her start shaking. "Dadu!!" Vanraj was lying on the ground with his eyes closed. Nandini ran towards him and bent down on her knees to his level. She put his head on her lap and patted his cheeks. "Dadu, please open your eyes. Please!"

Seeing no form of movement, Nandini checked his pulse and her heartbeat increased when she heard nothing. She checked again and the same thing happened. Nandini only had one option right now. Nandini was certified in CPR because she ran an orphanage and you never know when it is needed, just like today.

Nandini did 30 compressions on him which were two minutes long. After doing so, Nandini checked his pulse and finally breathed a bit after finding it working again. But he was still unconscious which was scaring Nandini as CPR doesn't always work. Therefore, Nandini called out for the workers so they can help her take Vanraj to the hospital.

They all came rushing, along with Sunita, who was worried after hearing her daughter yell so loudly. The scene in front of everyone made them all shocked and frightened.

"Please, he needs to be taken to the doctor." They all just nodded and helped Vanraj up, taking him towards the car. Sunita ran after them all with Nandini and they all also got into the car with Vanraj.

• • • • •

They had reached the hospital and Vanraj was taken to the ICU because of his critical health. Both the women were waiting outside the room, praying for his well-being. Nandini was consoling a crying Sunita but she herself wanted to cry. But she needed to stay strong for Sunita. They both couldn't fall weak.

"Nandini, call Armaan and Vikrant. They both need to be here too." Nandini nodded and moved to the side, and dialed Armaan's number.