𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

After days of the scorching heat, it finally looked as if the sun had taken a break. Today the clouds filled the skies and you could tell it would probably rain. All the people were happy to finally have a chilly day because of the past few hot days.

• • • • •

Out of everyone in Delhi, Nandini was the most excited. When she had woken up this morning, Nandini had seen the clouds and knew it would most likely rain, so she had been waiting all day long for it to pour.

Nandini was cutting vegetables in the kitchen, day dreaming about the rain. Ever since her childhood, Nandini had always been obsessed with the rain and always played around in it, whenever she got the chance. Everyone in her family would try to stop her but Nandini had always been a hard nut to crack. No one could easily stop her as she always did what she wanted to do. For that reason, Nandini always managed to end up getting wet in the rain.

"Nandini." Nandini heard a distant voice and turned around. Sunita entered the kitchen, trying to find Nandini and her guess was right. "Nandini, I told you to not cook." Sunita hit her head playfully while Nandini sheepishly smiled. "Sorry maa! But I was so bored." Nandini pouted and Sunita immediately melted. "Okay baba, but I was trying to find you because I need to tell you something." Nandini set aside the knife, putting in her full attention.

"There is a party at one of my friend's house today because her son just got married. I wanted you to come so I can introduce my daughter-in-law to everyone. So, will you come? It's just two to three hours long." Sunita had a smile on her face while explaining the whole thing.

Nandini never really liked get together's but this was for Sunita. She didn't want to sadden Sunita because Sunita did a lot for her and was like a mother to her. This was the least she could do, and it was only a matter of a few hours. It's not like she'll die of boredom in these hours.

"Of course maa!" The way Sunita's smile brightened made Nandini know she had made the right decision. "Ok great! Hurry up and get ready. The cook will make the rest of the lunch. We'll get ready and after your dadu eats his lunch, we'll also leave." Nandini nodded with a smile and headed to her room to get ready for this party she had no clue about.

• • • • •

Nandini entered the brightly lit house with Sunita by her side. By seeing the decorations, anyone could tell a wedding had just taken place here. Due to the wedding being only two days old, the decorations were still up.

The house was full of people and Nandini suddenly fell out of place. Everyone here was wearing expensive sarees or lenghas with gold jewelry while Nandini was wearing a simple yet gorgeous sharara suit. It was a light yellow color and had elegant work on it with a matching dupatta. Nandini had put her hair in a half-up-half-down hairstyle and was only wearing some bangles and earrings. Nandini didn't wear any makeup other then mascara and a light shade of lipstick unlike the others, who had makeup caked on their face.

But Nandini had failed to notice that she was looking the most beautiful out of all of them. When she had entered the house, all the young girls were staring at her with envy because of her naturally good looks. Nandini was walking elegantly and anyone could clearly see that she had a pure heart. She radiated a good vibe.

Nandini followed Sunita and soon they stopped in front of a women who looked around the same age as Sunita. "Ah Neerja, congratulations!" Sunita pulled the women into a hug and Nandini knew this was the friend Sunita was talking about. "Thank you! I'm glad you came!" They broke apart the hug and the old women saw Nandini's presence. "And this must be..." "My daughter-in-law!" Sunita said with a proud smile.