David Donnelly #4 part 2

𝔸/ℕ 𝕀'𝕞 𝕤𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕀 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕦𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕤𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕠 𝕩

"Do you want a cup of tea, Love?" Gerry Quinn called out noticing his eldest daughter hovering by the kitchen door. Erin was upstairs blissfully unaware of what was about to happen, Anna asleep leaving the three adults that really mattered stress free winding down for the evening. Nodding awkwardly the y/h/c girl fiddled with the sleeves of her jumper, this one wasn't as comforting as her school jumper. It still hid the sin she was trying to ignore but the navy blue knit fabric felt like it was shrinking by the second. "If I made a mistake would you hate me?" the young girl asked hesitantly, biting her lip in anxiety. "And if I said I didn't regret it could you ever love me again." Y/N added tears starting to fill her y/e/c orbs burning to escape.

 Furrowing his brows in confusion Gerry put down the kettle and turned to face the girl. "Your Mother and I could never hate you Love." the man reassured his daughter. Flickering her eyes over to her Ma Y/N paused. Maybe there was still time to get away, to go to bed and pretend this wasn't happening. Maybe when she woke up tomorrow this would all of just been an intense dream. "Are you ok?" Mary asked concerned, she knew the girl had been feeling under the weather but something told her it wasn't just a stomach bug, the older woman didn't want to accuse her daughter but Mary Quinn wasn't stupid. "I'm pregnant." Y/N whispered.

"Sweet baby Jesus" Mary muttered, crashing against the kitchen counter and dropping the tea towel she'd been holding. "I'm so sorry Mammy. I swear on Dolly I was safe." Y/N cried out tears starting to fall at her Mothers reaction. You'd have thought the girl had just admitted to killing somebody on a Sunday. "I don't know what happened." Y/N continued the panicked anxiety David had managed to quash within her returning. "I know very well what happened, I don't need the details." the blonde woman argued, running a tense hand through her hair in frustration.

"Ah I'm sure he's a fine fella, better than you anyway." Granda Joe defended his granddaughter from the table still managing to slip a dig at his pathetic son-in-law in. "He is Granda he's kind and sweet and incredibly funny." Y/N replied to the old man glad that at least one person seemed to take the news well. "Y/N Y/M/N Quinn if he's funny laugh!" Mary choked out trying not to raise her voice. Rushing to calm his wife Gerry remained quiet, he barely had the correct opinion at the best of times so staying silent was probably the smartest choice. "You know you've thrown your future away don't you?" Mary questions the girl quietly, taking a deep breath. "Ah, now hold on." Joe interrupted his daughter's tirade sternly, not pandering to the hysteria filling the evening air. "You've got yourself in this situation, what do you plan on doing about it?"

"She's a child, Daddy." Mary exclaimed, waving her arms about frantically. Turning to face his daughter Joe scowled "Clearly not."

"I thought you said you'd never hate me?" the y/h/c girl blurted out from her seat next to Joe. "Your Father said that I did not." Mary replied sternly, her angry expression softening slightly when she noticed how distraught Y/N was. Walking over to envelope her eldest child in a hug Mary stroked the girl's y/h/c locks soothingly. "It's ok We're going to deal with it as a family" the woman stated reassuringly. "Do you know who the Father is?" Gerry piped up pausing at the sharp glare Mary shot him. Nodding wildly Y/N almost felt appalled at her Dad's question. "David Donnelly."