James #4 part 2

It wasn't until Y/N reached the fading green door did she remember that James wouldn't be the only person she needed to tell. While he surprisingly took it all right her prim and proper parents would never react so flawlessly. Maybe she could put it off... only by 24 hours or so her mother was already suspicious that she'd thrown up everyday for a week already. How long could she pass it off as a stomach bug?

"How was your day dear? Y/M/N asked not truly caring as she dished up some peas and carrots. Don't get me wrong Y/M/N cares for her children deeply but she was very hands on and certainly ruled the roost so her brain was often going a thousand miles a minute. "It was fine." Y/N replied nervously playing with her dinner hoping she could pass it off as being tired. "Mammy did you hear a girl at school is pregnant." Saoirse announced smugly. Saoirse was the eldest child of Y/M/N & Y/F/N and quickly learnt that the only way to get her mother's true undivided attention was to do what she did best... gossip. Dropping her fork loudly Y/N winced brushing a lock of her y/h/c "sorry". Frowning Y/M/N tutted her y/m/e/c eyes focusing back on her eldest daughter "I'd hate to be her mother what a scandal." Nodding Saoirse grinned "apparently Sister Michael found the pregnancy test in the girls bathroom, I bet it's that Lindsay Murphy she looks like the easy type."

"Sersh you shouldn't gossip." Y/N mumbled just hoping this conversation would end before she passed out from freight. Scoffing the brown haired girl rolled her eyes "little sister if the God Lord didn't want me to gossip he wouldn't let such juicy information go round." Pouring some water Y/M/N paused "No Y/N's right it's wrong to tattle, but I do pray that it isn't one of the girls you're friends with. It would be such a shame to be associated with such a harlot."

It was the ringing of the phone in the hallway that appeared to be her saving grace "I'll get it." Not even waiting for a response Y/N ran off. "hello?" The y/h girl answered twirling the line anxiously. "Did you tell them yet?" Michelle asked not even beating around the bush, it never was her style. Sighing Y/N rested her head on the stairs "of course I haven't Chelle... Saoirse knows at least she thinks she knows you know how she is with gossip." Shaking Y/N mulled over every option she had. "How do people already know?" Michelle asked softly, noticing her friend's silence. Shrugging the girl frowned feeling like the world had it out for her. "My Mam thinks all these horrible things already and what will she think when she realises it's me. I'm the dirty harlot. I'm the weakling who fell into the devils trap!" Snorting Michelle shook her head wildly "ah god you sound like Orla. Listen do you really truly believe in the devil?" Groaning Y/N noticed the audience member she'd gained "listen I've got to go give me some time okay." Placing the receiver back the y/h/c girl tried not to give in to the building tears. "Phones all yours" Y/N shrugged walking to her room to try and shut the truth out for just a little while longer."