Chapter 42

Divya

I took a cab going to my home.. I never actually came to Mumbai after what happened, only my parents and Bhai or Anu had come at times for me.. and once even Arjun's parents had come for me..

But not once I felt to come back, I din't wanna face him again. I somehow din't have that courage.

"Divi", mom whispered seeing me near the door

"Mom", I hugged her

"How are you Divi?", She asked caressing my cheek

"I'm good mom, how are you and dad?", I asked

"We are good Divi", dad said coming near

I smiled and hugged him as well.. I missed this house, well that house also!

"Ok go and freshen up, Anu asked you to come early na.. go there for lunch", mom said

I nodded and went to my room, it looked the same.. I freshen up quickly and got into a simple suit as I really din't have any mood to get ready much.

I bid bye to my parents and took a cab to Anu's house.. calm down Divi, you gotta do it.. I'm sure he's here only by now.

I was walking straight while I bumped into someone, I frowned rubbing my nose and looked up while my eyes widen and jaw dropped looking at him..

Arjun!

He looked at me and I see his eyes watery, I realized by then even my tears where flowing down which I din't wanted, atleast infront of him.

"Divi", he whispered hugging me

Did he just hug me? Why? Isn't he the one who was responsible for all this? Then why is he behaving as if he missed me all this time?

I wanted to push him away and lash out all my anger and pain on him but somehow involuntarily my arms reached his back feeling his touch.

"Arjun", escaped my lips

He pulled me more into him and I felt my shoulder wet, he's crying?

I pulled back slowly and saw his eyes showing pain, is he regretting what happened by chance?

I remembered everything happened that I quickly took a step back composing myself.. he was hurt by my action but I was hurt with him since a very long time now.

I took my bag and went away not looking at him again..

I'm seeing him after more than an year now, I wish I could just kiss him right there and never leave being in his arms again.. but seems like this is what was written in our fate!

"Divi", I heard Anu scream

I quickly wiped away my tears and tried to look normal and hugged Anu.. afterall I'm meeting her after long and I really missed her as well..

"Damn, Divi you gained weight", she said looking at me

Well, that's true.. I did gain weight due to my irregular eating habits these days.. I should probably try loosing it but I'm least bothered even to think of my body or beauty now.

"That's coz I din't want everyone to look at me instead of you during your marriage.. you know I love you right?", I tried to lighten my mood

"Shutup, although it's true.. but still you look beautiful as always", she laughed

"Ok come, Aarav is also waiting for you", Anu said taking me inside

"Hey Divi", Aarav hugged me