Extra: Edward and Emilia

He heard the pitter patter of her feet before her scent hit him, a smile filling his face before he heard his door creaking open behind him

He heard the pitter patter of her feet before her scent hit him, a smile filling his face before he heard his door creaking open behind him. He turned to his doorway, where sure enough, his little sister stood, a fuzzy blanket thrown over her shoulders and her stuffed owl clutched tightly against her chest.

Standing at 4'2, 8 year-old Emilia waited for Edward to acknowledge her presence before stepping in the room, though she clearly wanted to run in. She was fidgeting on her feet, her eyes red and puffy, dried tears streaking her face. Edward didn't hesitate to open his arms for her, Emilia running into his arms and burying her head into his chest. Her soft sniffles were the only thing heard while Edward looked over her thoughts, frowning at what he saw.

"Another bad dream?" He asked softly, Emilia nodding.

"You yelled at me and ignored me. You didn't love me anymore." She explained between her hiccups, Edward's frown deepening at her words. He pulled her out of his chest, lifting her head up by her chin.

"Emma, I would never do that to you. I love you too much for that and I always will, okay?"

Emilia swallowed thickly, wiping her nose. "Even when you find your soulmate?"

He smiled slightly, gently wiping her tears. "Even then. Nobody will ever be able to make me stop loving you. You're my baby sister, remember?"

Emilia nodded, allowing Edward to hug her once more. He lifted her into his arms, heading to the grand piano in the corner of his room. Emilia didn't complain, curling up beside him when he set her down on the bench beside him. Her head rested in his lap, Edward making sure she was comfortable before beginning to play the lullaby he had crafted when she was just a baby for her.

Emilia attempted to stay awake, fighting herself when her eyelids drooped closed. Edward continued to play, humming along in hopes of tiring her even more. It worked, Emilia's breathing evening and her eyes remaining shut for the final time. He played for a little more before stopping, watching the way she slept soundly and running a hand through her dark waves.

He looked into her mind, smiling in relief when he saw her dreams of a beach. The beach was oddly familiar to Edward, the older boy furrowing his eyebrows while looking deeper into her dream.

Emilia was older in the dream, much older, and she was grinning in a way Edward had never seen. She laughed, someone grabbing her and throwing her over their shoulder before spinning around and running into the water.

"Embry, stop!" Emilia squealed, right before she was dropped into the water.

Edward broke his concentration on her thoughts, looking back to the girl. Could her dreams be visions as sound as Alice's?

He shook the thought away, picking her up again. Emilia cuddled into his chest, Edward entering her bedroom across the hall and setting her in her bed. He pulled the chair from the corner of the room, taking the seat beside her bed and reaching for the book he left in the room for nights such as these where Emilia found it hard to sleep.

It was nights like these that Edward allowed himself to dive deeper into his sister's thoughts and think more about her nightmares. They were strange, all set in Forks despite Emilia never having been to Forks and all revolving around the broken bond between the two siblings.

Edward didn't like the dreams, didn't like the person he was towards his sister in them. He usually dismissed them as childish insecurities of Emilia's that doubted his love for her, but with the new dreams she developed of a boy named Embry that was hopelessly in love with her that also took place in Forks and looked to be around the same time, Edward grew worried.

He knew something was coming and the whole family would be impacted by it.