Chapter 29

"She took a step and didn't want to take any more, but she did."

"So you beat Jacob up?" Bella laughed as Emilia attempted (and failed) to hide her smile

"He was trying to take her away from me!" Bella tried to defend herself causing Emilia to laugh even harder.

It had been a little over a month since Emilia and Leah left. Bella had woken up a day after they left but hadn't been able to communicate with Emilia as Emilia was busy looking for information. The Cullen's got most of their information on Emilia from Jacob, who got his information from Leah.

Emilia's search had led the duo to New Orleans, a city down South with a lot of personality. And a lot of supernatural creatures. There were many covens residing in the mysterious secret, one of them being the one her own mother was a part of.

New Orleans was a big change for Emilia and Leah. For example, the weather was a lot different. It was hotter, more humid there. The sun shone often as well. Leah loved the change, embracing it with open arms. People in New Orleans were relaxed, all looking for a good time and that was exactly what she needed.

Emma had met the coven her mother was once a part of and discovered many things. The biggest and hardest thing that she found was that both her parents were deceased and she was the sole descendant of both bloodlines.

Her father had messed with the wrong vampire, killing his mate after she attempted to kill him. The vampire killed her father and went after Genevieve. He swore to kill her and the baby she carried as he wanted to make sure that his bloodline would end with him. Genevieve ran away, gave birth, and gave Emma to the Cullen's. Then she set a trap for the vampire. She bound their souls together and killed herself, the vampire dying with her. She had sacrificed herself for her daughter's safety.

It was hard when the coven told her, explaining that both her parents had no family left. Emilia had never wanted or needed Embry more than she did in that moment.

"Bella, imprinting isn't only about being a lover, you know that right? Take Quil and Claire for example. He's her protector and friend right now."

"How old is Quil's imprint?"

"She just turned four."

Bella sighed. "It's just weird. My best friend is my baby daughter's soulmate."

"Well, when you put it like that, it's weird."

The two laughed before Emma began cooing at baby Renesmee, who laid in her mother's arms.

"She's beautiful, Bella."

"Thank you. She asks about you sometimes. Shows me the few memories you two have together before you left."

"I miss you too, Ness."

"Not you too!"

"What?"

"Ness? Nessie? Like the Loch Ness Momster?"

"Bells, it's a cute nickname that goes with her name. I didn't even think about the loch ness monster when I called her that."

She sighed. "I suppose you're right. "

"Anyways, where is Jacob?"

"Emily's. Sam invited him for an apology brunch."

Emilia raised an eyebrow. "He made amends with Sam?"

"I think he did it more for you and Embry than anything else. He just wants to make sure Embry is holding up alright."

Emilia looked down, blinking away tears at the thought of Embry. The sound of the front door opening had her looking back to Bella.

"I've got to go, Bells. Leah just got back. Bye! I miss you all!"

She hung up from the video chat before Bella could say anything else. She closed her laptop, turning to face Leah, who held up a take out bag.

"I brought us food!" Leah said, Emma cheering. The two girls were staying in Emma's family home. The house had been abandoned for years until the coven handed the keys to Emma, the house's rightful owner.

"Thank god! I'm starving!" Leah began to pull out burgers from the bag, handing Emma a burger and fries as well as a drink.

"Was that Bella?"

Emma nodded, taking a bite of her burger. "Yep. She was telling me about her first day as a vampire."

Leah finished her burger, pulling out onion rings from the bag. "Did she murder Jacob?"

"Just about."

"Damn, and I missed it?"

The girls laughed as they imagined Jacob getting beat by Bella, the girl who once broke her hand by punching him. "Crazy how things change."

"You're telling me. One day I was set to get married and the next I'm a wolf."

"On the bright side, you don't have to live with him anymore."

Leah smiled sadly. "Yeah, at least I can finally move on."

"Oh, Leah! Carlisle wants to know when we plan on going back so he can buy us our plane tickets."

"When do you want to go?"

"Honestly, before Thanksgiving? I miss my family and I really want to talk to Embry. We can stay for like another month here and leave the day before Thanksgiving?"

"I was thinking the same thing. I miss my mom and surprisingly, my brother. I also want to make amends with Emily and Sam. I've been bitter towards them for too long."

"All those werewolf hookups you've been having here made you realize that?"

Leah threw a fry at Emilia as she burst out laughing. "Shut up! I'm single and free to be with whoever I want!"

"Whatever you say, Lee."

Leah and Emilia had gotten extremely close over the past month, becoming like sisters over time. They gave each other advice and took care of one another, being a shoulder to cry on when necessary.

Leah had envied Emilia at first, as Emilia had found her soulmate. But she soon realized that since she didn't have a soulmate, she could play the field. She could be the heartbreaker for once. Emilia had helped her realize that.

They enjoyed the time they had together, knowing it wouldn't last forever. But deep down, they both were ready to return.