Chapter 28

"It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember."

Emily's house had never been so quiet

The pack felt incomplete without Jacob, Leah, and Seth. They tried to move forward but it was hard. They had realized the error in their actions but were too stubborn to head to the Cullen house to apologize.

The pressure on Sam was too much and he did what he thought best, even if it was wrong. He was trying and that is all that mattered.

Sam felt especially bad about Embry though, the boy falling into a depression. He wasn't sleeping well, he couldn't eat, even shifting hirt him more than usual. He missed Emilia but was afraid, too scared to go see her.

The pack sat at the table, eating lunch when Sue showed up. They all turned to the door, shocked at seeing Sue. The older woman tried to smile softly, trying to ease their minds.

"I come in peace."

Sam smiled, walking up to her and ushering her inside. "Come in, come in. Emily just finished lunch."

"Thank you, Sam."

"It's the least I can do. I wasn't exactly good to you on the last few days."

"It's all over now Sam. Besides, I understand. All is forgiven."

The two shared a laugh before Sue remembered the reason she had come to the house in a first place.

"Actually Sam, I came here as a favor to somebody."

"To who?"

"Emilia."

Embry's head snapped towards Sue, staring at her hopefully. "Lia sent you?"

Sue's face fell as she noticed Embry's excitement, letting out a breath as she pulled the envelope out of her purse. "Here." She said. "This is for you."

"I'd better go. I have an appointment soon." Sue waved goodbye before leaving the house, all eyes falling on Embry as he stared at the envelope.

His name was written in front in Emilia's perfect writing. The smell of her favorite perfume, a Chanel perfume, lingered on it still. As he shakily breathed out and slowly began to open the letter, Paul groaning impatiently.

"Dude, come on!" Embry glared at Paul as Sam pushed him back, shooting him a warning look.

Embry pulled the letter out, noticing the faint stains littering the bottom of the sheet.

Em,

I've written this over and over trying to figure out how to put it properly into words. I don't know how else to start except to say that I miss you. I miss you so much, it hurts. It hurts to think about you, to think about us. The sound of your voice, the thought of your face. Everything about you.

I am going to look for clues on my parents and their lives. I'm taking Leah with me as she too needs to get away from Forks for a while. I know, I know. If I miss you, why leave?

After everything that has gone down, I need to think. I still love you, that won't change but I need time. Time to forgive you, and myself, for what happened to us.

I'll be back before the holidays, maybe even before Thanksgiving. I'll go straight for you when we return, just know that.

Embry Call, I love you and I hope you understand. Please, don't look for me and don't put your life on hold. Take this time to forgive me for lying to you. Take it to make amends, with Jake and anybody else.

I'll be back before you know it.

Love,

Emilia

The paper fell from his hands as he stared ahead in shock, Emily racing to pick it up. She scanned over it before pulling Embry into a hug, rubbing circles onto his back as he began to silently cry.

"It's okay." She whispered, trying to sooth him. "She'll be back for you, she said it herself."

"Emily, I don't know how much longer I can stay away from her." Embry admitted, wiping his face.

"She's right, Embry. Both of you have suffered and need to find peace before reuniting. You both need space."

The rest of the pack joined in, hugging Embry.

"I'm sorry, Embry. I did this to you two, it's my fault." Sam looked guilty as he pulled away.

Embry shook his head. "I broke up with her. It's my fault. And I'll have to fix it when she comes back. If she comes back."

"She will. She promised you." Quil reminded Embry. Embry sighed, standing up.

"I need some air." He ran outside, shifting without even undressing. He ran through the woods, feeling the air hit his fur as he went. He stopped eventually, howling in pain.

Emma, come back to me.