Chapter 16

"I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone."

Embry ran out of the house, throwing his arms around Emilia instantly

Embry ran out of the house, throwing his arms around Emilia instantly. "You're okay, oh god, you're okay."

"I'm fine, Seth and I are fine."

"Yeah, we took care of it." Seth added, Embry frowning at his words. Emilia groaned, shooting Seth a look.

"Took care of what?"

Seth turned red as the two began to stutter, looking anywhere but Embry.

"Emilia, what ha-"

"- look, Carlisle is here!" Emilia pointed towards the eldest Cullen as he pushed past the pack and towards Sam. The two men went in, Sue rolling Billy out of the house. The pack lined the stairs, listening in.

"I have to rebreak his bones. His instant healing made them worse."

Everyone recoiled as Sam agreed, muttering an apology to Jake. Jacob began to scream, everyone jumping and Seth covering his ears.

Each break came with a new scream, and a new scream came with an adjustment of his bones so that they wouldn't heal incorrectly anymore.

It seemed like it had been going on for hours, Emilia wrapping herself into Embry to escape the sound. Her eyes were watery, Jake got hurt because of her.

Bella arrived, slamming the door shut and ignoring the glares some pack members shot at her. Just as she went to ask Billy what happened, Jacob screamed again.

Billy tightened his grip on Sue's hand and everyone else looked down, Bella's expression horrified.

"Been happening for a while." Quil said.

"Doc's rebreaking his bones." Embry mustered.

"Oh he had to butt in, I could have taken that ti-"

"Give it a rest, Leah." Paul hissed. Everyone looked back to the door, the house becoming silent. The door opened and Carlisle stepped out, Sam close behind.

"The worst is over, he'll be alright." He told Billy, who nodded.

"I gave him some morphine but his body temperature will burn it off soon. I've set up a drip."

"Thank you." Billy offered Carlisle his hand, Carlisle taking it before turning to Bella.

"He's asking for you."

Bella hesitated, shifting on her feet. Billy gave her a slight nod and Bella all but ran inside, the door closing behind her.

Emilia let out a deep breath. "At least this all over."

Murmurs of agreement followed. "Are you two gonna tell us what happened to you guys in that mountain?" Sam asked making everyone look at Emilia and Seth.

The two shared a look, Emilia nodding slowly. "Okay."

"It started when I smelled a vampire so Emilia sent me away, to hide and surprise him."

"It was Riley, he was walking towards me. So I began to talk, tell him that Victoria didn't love him, things like that. He stopped for a second but then tried to jump at me when Seth jumped at him. It was awesome." Seth and Emilia shared a smile.

"I bit his hand off and then thrashed him around a bit, him screaming. He kicked me back though."

"So, I used my powers to slam him against a tree repeatedly, until he fell to the snow and Seth could get him."

"I pulled him by his shoulder and killed him. That was it."

Embry was tense by the end of the story, his arms pulling Emilia closee into his chest. "Why didn't you tell us when it happened, Seth?"

"I didn't want to distract you."

"Embry, stop. Emilia's safe, that's what matters. There isn't even a scratch on her. Seth, you did good." Sam said as Bella walked outside.

As Billy was rolled in, Bella turned to Emilia and offered her a small smile.

"Hey, I know we got off on the wrong foot."

"That's an understatement." Emilia mumbled, Embry nudging her.

Bella didn't flinch and continued. "But I really would appreciate it if you were a bridesmaid. Alice is planning the whole thing and I think you could bring her down to Earth better than I can."

Emilia smiled. "You're right, I could. I'll do it. Just, don't put me in some hideous gown meant to make you look better. That's all I ask."

"Thank you. I need at least one normal bridesmaid."

The two laughed. "If you think I'm normal, then you got a storm coming."

"I'll see you later?"

"I'll be the one in the bridesmaid dress." Emilia teased as Bella walked away and drove off.

"I'm proud of you." Embry said, kissing her temple.

"Why?"

"You're putting your differences aside and helping her, it's sweet."

"What if I was helping her to do something you didn't approve of?"

Embry rolled his eyes. "Emma, I wouldn't get mad at you for helping Bella. She's human and I think she'd be a good influence on you."

The couple followed the pack inside, ready to see Jacob. To them, everything would be normal again.