Chapter 38

"Christmas is the day that holds all time together."

Even though the battle was the next day, Christmas day came

The snow was to stop overnight, white sticking to the ground. Emilia woke up with Embry in their home, hoping that it would not be the last time. It was agreed that everybody would camp out on the battlegrounds, just in case.

Embry pressed a kiss to Emilia's head shoulder as she stood helping Emily around the kitchen. His arms snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to his chest.

"What are you two making, babe?" He asked, peering over her shoulder. Emilia laughed, turning in his arms in order to face him properly.

"So, you just came here for food?"

"That's not true! I also came to see my imprint."

Emilia leaned up, kissing Embry. "Go away."

"I'm only listening to you because Emily will kill me if I don't go."

"Damn right, I will" Emily said, glancing up from the stove.

Embry put his hands up in defense, exiting the kitchen.

"How do you put up with him?" Emily asked.

"The same way you put up with Sam."

"Touché"

The two continued to work in perfect harmony, occasionally bumping into each other. It wasn't until Emma smelled the pork that she became nauseous, her hand flying to her mouth.

"Emma, are you okay?" Emily's hand went to Emilia's back, rubbing it in circles.

Emilia nodded, putting her hand down after the wave of nausea passed. "Yeah, just felt sick for a second."

"You should go sit. I'll finish up."

"You sure?"

"Positive. We're almost done, anyways. Tell the boys that dinner will be ready in a few minutes."

"Got it."

Emilia walked back to the living room, sitting next to Embry. Embry pulled her into his side, kissing her head.

"Why'd you get sent over?"

"I felt sick for a second. Dinner will be ready soon, though." Emilia raised her voice for the second part, the boys all raising their heads.

There weren't many people in the house today. Just Jared, Paul, Embry, Emilia, and Sam and Emily. Quil was celebrating with his grandfather and mother. Sue, Seth, and Leah were at Charlie's with Billy and Jacob. Brady and Collin and every other new addition were with their own families. Tiffany Call was visiting her family where she was from.

Emilia smiled as Embry's hand went to her stomach after he checked to make sure nobody was watching.

"She giving you a hard time?"

"It's not his fault. It's normal."

Embry rolled his eyes as she made it clear what gender she thought the baby was. "How is it we always end up arguing about this?"

"Arguing about what?" Paul sat between the two, both freezing instantly.

"Something stupid that you wouldn't understand."

"None of your business." Emilia and Embry spoke at the same time, both pausing once hearing the other's voice.

"Okay. Imprints are weird, I get it."

"Don't you have an imprint to go bother?"

Paul smirked, pulling Emilia to his side. "Nah, why do that when I can bother my best friend?"

"Dinner!" Paul shot up, Emilia rolling her eyes as Embry followed. She sat down next to her fiancé, watching as Emily set down the food. Everyone began to serve themselves.

"Wow, can you guys believe that tomorrow we'll be on another battlefield?" Embry asked, Emilia sighing.

"And here I thought that Bella being changed would help calm things down."

"So did we, Emma. So did we." Jared said, the others laughing.

"At least we're all together." Emily spoke, everyone sharing a look.

The rest of the dinner was spent in a similar fashion, talking laughing and just enjoying their prescence. Later on they would be camping while the last of the snow fell. And the next day, their lives might all end.