Chapter 25

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

Emilia sat next to Bella as she rubbed her belly while drinking from the white cup

Emilia sat next to Bella as she rubbed her belly while drinking from the white cup. Edward cleared his throat as he stepped inside the room, Emilia nodding at him slightly. She stood up.

"I'll go see what Seth is up to." She spoke before exiting the room and heading downstairs.

"Emilia!" Carlisle called out, motioning for her to head into the room.

There he stood with Esme, both looking more worried than usual. Their usually golden eyes were a pitch black, a clear sign of just how hungry they were.

"We're almost out of blood for Bella." Carlisle explained.

"What? How many bags has she drank from?"

Carlisle and Esme shared a look. "Emma, that's not important. What is important is that Bella is a strong as she can be. It's time for her to deliver."

"When?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? How?"

"We're going to have to cut the baby out of her."

"A C-Section? I knew it would always have to be that way but Carlisle, are you strong enough to do that?"

"No, that's why we need your help."

"You know the wolf pack better than we do." Esme elaborated as Emilia began to pace the room.

"The wolves will attack. The treaty is void in Sam's head."

"Not in ours." Esme said.

"Carlisle, can you get Jacob?" Emilia asked, the man nodding before exiting the room.

"I can't go with you. I'm the best shot at protection Bella has."

"We'll take Emmett."

"It's not enough." Jacob's voice sounded as he entered the room, looking upset.

"So that's the last of it?" He nodded towards the empty bag of blood.

"Bella can deliver as early as tomorrow. But if she has any chance at surviving she needs more blood."

"And you need to feed. You have to be at your strongest for her, we have to go tonight." Esme added.

"Carlisle, you are the enemy. Sam won't hesitate and you will be slaughtered."

"We have no choice. If there's anything we can do to save her, we have to try."

"You'd risk your lives for her?"

"Of course! Bella is a part of our family now."

Emilia and Jacob shared a look, Emilia reading his thoughts. "Jake, we can be a diversion."

"What?"

"You were thinking it. That's a good plan."

"Are you up for that? For standing against Embry, lying to him again?"

"Truthfully, no I'm not. But that's the only option we have now. And we have to do it. For Bella."

Jacob nodded. "Carlisle, get ready. You have to run as soon as they shift to human form."

Carlisle nodded, he and Esme leaving the room and calling out for Emmett. Emilia ran upstairs, quickly getting dressed and letting down her hair. She made it down just as Carlisle and Emmett did, Esme and Jacob already waiting.

"It's time." Jacob announced, everyone heading out. Emilia and Jake walked ahead, towards the forest, heading as deep as they could.

Emilia reached out and grabbed Jacob's hand, him squeezing it in support. The forest was quiet as usual.

The two stopped, stating ahead as the scent of the Uley pack hit Jacob's nose.

"Jake! Emma! They're coming."

"We know." Emma said, not even glancing back.

"We should phase, Jacob. We can't protect ourselves this way." Leah warned, Jacob shaking his head.

"They'll see it as a threat." He looked back to the woods. Emilia noticed how nervous he was. His thoughts were already doubting the plan.

"We just want to talk!" Emilia called out, letting go of Jacob's hand. "It would be better if we could see you too." Jacob added.

The sound of rustling was heard before Paul emerged, followed by Jared. His eyes scanned the four before speaking. "This isn't your territory anymore. How's your new family working out?"

"You done?" Emilia rolled her eyes at Paul. More rustling followed, Embry and Quil showing up. Emilia's breath got caught in her throat as her eyes met Embry's for the first time in a while.

"Coming home, Jake?" Quil asked.

"Not until I finish this."

"What do you mean?"

Jake and Emma shared a look before she looked to Seth and Leah. "We want Sam to take back Leah and Seth." She began.

"What?! No!" They protested.

"Be quiet!" Jacob hissed.

"We want them safe and we want this over."

Emilia shuffled on her feet as she heard Emmett's thoughts. The chase had begun for them.

"We need Sam to wait until Bella's been separated from the problem."

"You mean until she's dead."

"Ease up, Paul." Embry spoke, Emilia shakily breathing at the sound of his voice. "What else?"

"Tell Sam that when the time comes, we'll be the ones to destroy it."

"Jake!" Seth shouted desperately, Emilia shooting him a warning look.

"We're the only ones that can. They trust us." Paul and Jared smirked.

The sound of howling rang out, Embry's eyes locking onto Emilia's.

"You played us!" Paul growled before turning around, the others following.

Embry lingered before turning as well, Emilia's body screaming for her to follow.

"Emma!" Jake called as she fell, him grabbing her before she could hit the ground. He picked her up bridal style as the siblings stared at them, confused.

"They went hunting. We just had to distract the pack." Jacob explained.

"You could have told us beforehand. I really thought you were sending us back." Leah said, rubbing her face.

"We needed your reactions to be genuine to convince the pack. If we had told you, it would have been harder." Emilia weakly explained as they made it back to the house. Leah and Seth paused outside.

"Next time, please tell us." Seth advised before taking a seat on the steps.