Chapter 10

"Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths."

Monday morning came all too quick for Emilia, who didn't want to leave Embry's side

Monday morning came all too quick for Emilia, who didn't want to leave Embry's side. After the whole vampire scent fiasco, the wolves and the Cullens had come to a protection agreement. She was to be monitored at all times. Even if it meant Embry sneaking in through her window at night.

Edward had not been as concerned for Emilia's safety as he was for Bella's. His argument was that Emilia lived in a house full of vampires. He wanted them to watch over Bella's house instead. After all, Bella was fully ( a weak) human.

His claims had made Rosalie so upset, she attacked him. "Emilia is human too" she had shouted. "And some random vampire went straight for her!"

Rosalie and Edward were not on speaking terms, to say the least. Meanwhile, Embry was also upset at Edward for disregarding Emilia's safety. He had shifted when he heard from Emilia what Edward had said. Emilia was not as bothered because she already knew where Edward's loyalty lied.

Embry stopped his truck in front of the high school, pausing as he looked ahead. "What is he doing here?"

Emilia glanced up at her boyfriend, her eyebrows raised. "What are you talking about?"

Embry gestured forward, Emilia's eyes widening. There, in front of his motorcycle, stood Jacob, looking very upset. Edward and Bella hadn't arrived yet, so Emilia didn't know why Jake was there.

"Lia, what's he thinking?"

Emilia focused specifically on Jacob, trying to hear only his thoughts in that moment. "He's checking to see if she's still human and to remind Edward of the treaty."

"Oh, yeah. Emmett jumped on our land the day of the chase. It was in the blur of the moment but still. Anyways, why is he checking on Bella?"

Emilia rolled her eyes. Of course Emmett's dumbass jumped on wolf territory. "Probably heard she was out of town and thought it was to change her."

Embry stopped Emilia from opening her door, backing out of the parking lot.

"Embry! I have to go to school you know."

He chuckled, going back onto the main road. "You can afford to miss one day."

"Can you tell me why you made that decision?"

Embry shrugged. "Do you want to go to school?"

"No."

"Then why not?"

Emilia laughed as they drove to the rez, Embry stopping before Emily's.

The couple jumped out, Emilia leaving her bag in the truck.

"Emily!" She sang as she entered, the older woman hugging Emilia while glaring at Embry.

"Why is she not at school?"

Embry smiled innocently and shrugged. "Senior ditch day?"

"Embry Call! Don't be a bad influence on her!" Emily threw an oven mitt at the boy who ducked while laughing.

Sam slapped the side of his head, also hugging Emilia. "At least she's with us and safe." He said glaring at Embry.

"Oh leave him alone. Jacob will be bringing Bella over any minute now, I'm sure."

"Jacob? Bring Bella over? How do you even know that?" Paul asked, grabbing a chicken leg. Jared grabbed two as well, taking a bite out of one.

"Just trust me."

The sound of Jacob's bike stopping and Bella's voice had everyone turning to Emilia in shock, her smirking.

"You terrify me." Quil admitted as the pack (minus Emily and Sam) ran out, Embry leading them.

Emilia laughed before heading out as well, squeezing between Paul and Jared.

"I'm glad you're here, Bella. Maybe we can get a break for Jake's obsessive inner monologue." Embry teased, Jake rolling his eyes.

"I wish Bella would call!" Paul reached over and slapped Jacob's shoulder.

"I wished Bella wouldn't call!" Jares laughed through a bite of his chicken leg.

"Maybe I should call Bella!"

"Maybe I should call Bella and hang up!"

The boys and Emilia laughed, Emilia leaning on Paul while she tried to catch her breath.

Leah ran out of the house, seemingly upset as usual.

"Bella this is Leah Clearwater, Harry's daughter."

"Hey, I'm sorry about your Dad."

"If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave."

"Tea" Emilia coughed to cover her word, Leah smiling slightly as she ran off. The boys were silent, Jared taking a bite of his chicken leg.

"Fun, isn't she?"

"Bella!" Emily and Sam exited the house, Emily wrapping Bella in a hug.

"Sam, we good?"

"We're good. No vampires are coming on our land anytime soon."

"Heard that, Emma? You're not allowed here anymore." Paul teased.

"Shut up, Paul!"

He and Jared shared a look before Jared smirked, picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder. The two boys began to carry her away, walking towards the beach as she pounded on Jared's back.

"Let me down! Embry! Help!"

Embry laughed at his girlfriend, pretending to look around. "You guys hear anything?"

Her jaw dropped and she gave up, letting Jared take her to the cliffs.

"Hey Paul?"

"Yeah, Emma?"

"Do me a favor?"

"Depends on what."

"Push Embry off the cliff?"

"With pleasure."

He motioned for Jared to put her down, the three smirking. "See, this is why we love you."

Embry and Quil made it up, Paul and Jared hiding. Emilia stood innocently, smiling at Embry. She hugged him almost immediately, the boy confused.

"Lia? You're not mad?"

"Of course not" she said, kissing him. Embry kissed back, Quil backing up in disgust, where Jared grabbed him.

Paul instantly grabbed Embry, Emilia pulling away with a satisfied smirk.

He began to fight back but Jared joined in after pushing Quil back, the two pushing him off the side. The trio began laughing, high fiving.

Suddenly, Emilia pushed Jared off as well, watching as Paul stopped laughing.

He turned to face Emilia before shrugging and jumping as well.

Emilia turned to Quil who stared back nervously.

"Piggy back ride?"

Quil turned, Emilia jumping on his back. Quil pretended to be heading back down before running off the edge, Emilia tightening her grip around him. They fell into the water, Emilia's dress soaked and stuck to her body as she resurfaced, shivering.

Embry embraced her, Emilia cuddling into his chest to be warmer.

"I hate you all." She muttered, the pack laughing.