Chapter 40

"Superior and inferior wage one hundred battles a day."

Alice pulled her hand away slowly, Aro's eyes wide as his smile fell off his face

Alice pulled her hand away slowly, Aro's eyes wide as his smile fell off his face. Everyone surveyed the Volturi carefully as Alice moved back.

"That's your future." She hissed. "Unless you decide on another course."

"The child still poses a great threat." Caius muttered, Emilia rolling her eyes at his words.

"What if you were sure she could be concealed from the human world?" She shouted.

"Could we leave in peace?" Edward finished for her.

"Of course, but that can not be known." Caius replied as Alice began to walk back.

"Actually, it can." Everyone turned to Enilia confused as Edward, Emilia, and Alice smiled at each other. Footsteps were heard, everyone turning to the sound.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own in the tribes of Brazil."

"We have enough witnesse-"

"-let them speak." Aro was afraid, that much was true. He didn't want to die and honestly, Emilia hoped the vision had permanently changed his mind. After all, she could not bear the thought of losing Embry.

"I am half human, half vampire, like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, she died giving birth to me. My aunt raised me, I made her immortal." The two tanned vampires shared a look, the male speaking.

"How old are you?" Bella asked, walking forward.

"150 years." He answered, turning back to face Bella and Edward. The couple looked at each other in relief. Nessie was okay.

"At what age did you reach full maturity?"

"I reached full age seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then."

"And your diet?"

"Human food, blood. I can survive on either."

"These children are much like us." Marcus stated as Caius shook his head.

"The Cullen's have been consorting with wolves, our natural enemies."

Aro gave him a look, turning back to the Cullen's. "Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today."

"Or ever." Emilia muttered as Caius angrily turned, leaving. The rest followed suit, Aro standing behind them. He turned, scanning the group.

"Such prizes." He muttered before running off as well, everyone grinning widely as he did so.

"We have them on the run, now is the time to attack." Vladimir announced ad everyone began to celebrate, hugging and kissing.

"Not today." Carlisle said to the angry Russians who turned.

"You're all fools! The Volturi will leave today but they will not forgive." Everyone smirked at the duo, laughing at them as they ran off. The couples began to kiss, Emilia hugging the witches and Marcel.

"Thank you for coming."

"Anytime, Emma. And Congratulations, again."

She smiled at Marcel before running to Embry, who had shifted back. He picked her up, kissing her gently.

"We're okay, baby."

"And we're getting married!" Emilia added, the two kissing again.

"Don't forget about our baby." Embry quipped, everyone gasping.

"You're pregnant?"

Emilia laughed as they got surrounded, hugs and words going everywhere as Asteria pushed past the crowd.

"And, it's a boy! There will be a new wolf to the pack!" She announced, Emilia crying out in happiness.

"I told you so!"