Chapter 31

"Sooner or later we've all got to let go of our past."

"Do we have to go? I can get Carlisle to cancel the tickets

"Do we have to go? I can get Carlisle to cancel the tickets." Leah laughed at Emilia, throwing a shirt towards Emilia.

"No, we leave tomorrow. Finish packing so you can say goodbye to the coven."

Emilia sighed but listened, shoving her items into the suitcase. It was hard to believe that by this time the next day, she would be home.

She would never forget her time in New Orleans or what she had learned while there. She now had more control over her powers and new more spells, rising to become a rather powerful witch. The coven offered her a spot but she said no as she had a family to get back to.

Emilia had found just what she was looking for and needed in New Orleans and that would never change. She had to return one day, whether it was alone or with Leah or even with Embry. New Orleans was a big part of her now and she had to honor that.

"Leah, I'm going to go visit my parents and say goodbye. I'll be back before it's too late."

"Take your time!" Leah called after her as she left the house, walking towards the cemetery. She went towards the house across the gates, the house where the witches dwelled.

She knocked, Andromeda Claire opening the door. Andromeda had been her mother's best friend and had daughter named Dahlia. Dahlia, though, was currently in Europe studying with the other younger members of the coven.

"Oh Emilia! I'm glad you stopped by!"

"I wasn't going to leave without saying goodbye." Emilia laughed, hugging Andromeda.

"Mirabelle, Noemi! Emma is here!" Andromeda closed the door behind the girl, ushering her inside.

"Is Asteria not here?"

"No, dear. You just missed her, she went to Baton Rouge. She's spending the night there."

"Oh, well send her my love will you?"

"Of course."

"Emma! What will I do when you are gone?" Noemi, the youngest of them four witches, ran in, engulfing Emilia in a hug.

"Train another young witch?" The two laughed.

"No one will ever compare to you in power."

"You have more power than Genevieve. And Genevieve was a powerful witch." Mirabelle spoke, also hugging Emilia.

"And that's considering you're half human." Andromeda added.

It was true. Emilia's father had been a human, born into a family of vampire hunters. He had no special powers or strength. He just had weapons.

"Must be because my mom transferred her powers into me when she died."

"Probably." Noemi agreed with a smile.

"Now Emma, you're packed and ready to go?"

"Yes, Andy. I finished before heading here."

"You have to promise to come back and bring your Embry with you."

Emilia blushed as Noemi teased her on Embry. From the moment they first met, Noemi knew that she had been claimed by someone. Noemi said that she could just feel the aura of love and protection surrounding Emilia.

"I'll try. Although, I'm not sure Embry can come with me."

"Bring the whole pack then. I've always wondered what being with a shifter is like."

"Noemi." Both Mirabelle and Andromeda rolled their eyes at the suggestive tone Noemi used.

"I'm sure you want to go see your parents before leaving. The sun is about to set so you should go." Mirabelle spoke, standing to hug Emma. All three hugged Emilia before she could leave.

"Take care, Emilia. Remember, you always have a home with us."

"Thank you, Mira. For everything. It's been a pleasure meeting you."

She left the home, waving at them before heading to the cemetery where her parents were buried, side by side.

She sat before the two tombs, sighing.

"Hi Mom, hi Dad."

She sighed as she felt a breeze swarm around her, a sign that her mother's spirit was present. It lingered around her, Emilia blinking back tears.

"I leave tomorrow. Heading back to Forks where the Cullen's wait for me. You made a good choice giving me to them. They love me like I am their own."

"I'm scared though. Afraid to face Embry. I miss him but what if things have changed? What if he doesn't want me anymore?"

Emilia felt as if someone had hugged her, leaning into the touch. "I wish you could come with me, Mom."

Genevieve's soul was bound to New Orleans as that is where the root of her powers stemmed from. Besides, nobody could see or hear her. They could only feel her and assume she was there.

Emilia noticed how the sun began to set and stood up, wiping her face. "I love you, Mom and Dad. I miss you guys so much. I'll be back, one day."

Emilia felt the breeze again and walked away, heading back towards her house. There, Leah waited for her, pulling her into a hug as soon as she entered the house.

"Are you ready to go?" Leah asked, Emilia shaking her head.

"As I'll ever be."

Leah comforted Emilia to the best of her ability, Emilia pulling back.

"Leah, promise me that whatever happens we will always have a vacation together when necessary."

"Promise."

The two hugged again, both crying this time. It was time for them to head home.