Chapter 18

"There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless"

"Today's the big day." Alice announced as Emilia walked in, stifling a yawn. Bella was already seated, her makeup being down by Alice.

"What did I say about beauty rest?" Emilia commented as she noticed the bags under Bella's eyes.

"Sorry, bad dream."

"Doesn't matter anyways, I'll have her looking flawless." Alice said, applying concealer.

"I can do her hair." Rosalie offered, standing behind the bride.

"Really?" Both Bella and Emilia were surprised by her offer, Rosalie herself not phased by the shock.

"I'm not offended by your choice of groom."

"Just my blatant disrespect of mortality."

"Precisely." Rosalie smiled as she began to twist pieces of Bella's hair back.

"Weddings, they bring everyone together." Alice sighed.

Emilia began to do the last minute checks, making sure that Edward was far from the door and that the backyard was set.

Once back to the room where Bella was getting ready, she was ushered to a chair, Rosalie and Alice working on her next.

Bella's parents came in the room right as they finished, Charlie awkwardly lingering behind Renee.

Renee became close to tears as she saw Bella and was about to ramble when Charlie cleared his throat.

"Right! We brought you something." The duo produced a black box, handing it to Bella.

"We thought it could be your something blue."

"And old, like your mother." Charlie commented, Renee elbowing him.

"It was your great grandma Swan's. She wore it to her wedding. We added the sapphires though."

A hair comb sat in the box, sparkling as it hit the light.

"It's your first heirloom. You can pass it on to your daughter to pass on to her daughter." Renee teared up again, Bella going to hug her.

"Mom, it's beautiful."

Alice cut in, stopping Bella from crying. "No smudging my masterpiece."