Chapter 2

From being a baby, you learn a lot, well, from the gossip. You'd be surprised with how much the maids talk behind people's backs, but he was glad they spoke in front of both himself and his sister, regarding them as just babies, which they were in some ways.

The current place where his sister and himself were residing is called the 'Ruby Palace', which, unfortunately, was originally where the Emperor's concubines used to live. He would never have thought it to be a possibility.

That fact only annoyed him. It just proved how little his supposedly new father could care about his children. 'Literally dumping them in some palace where whores use to live- and father of the year goes to...' he had thought upon finding out.

Although the man was definitely not someone to be messed with, but he really could care less. If he does, in fact, kill him- he wouldn't exactly put it passed the guy, with the reputation he has. 'I mean, I could very well get reincarnated again, so what is there to lose, right?'

The Emperor had killed everyone that resided in the Ruby Palace the day both his son, Athanasios and daughter, Athanasia, were born.

'What a psychopathic maniac. Did he really feel the need to kill them off like that? he could have just chased them out. Did he really have to go through all that trouble and blood- making such a mess just because he was having a tantrum.'

It was unfortunate that he didn't get the chance to know who his mother was in this world. He felt as though he would have loved her the very same that he did his previous mother.

In this world, he had found out his mother was a dancer from a place called Sidonna. She had been invited to some Royal banquet, obviously drawing the attention of his new psychopathic father, which of course, resulted in the pregnancy of twins.

Although sadly enough, his mother had to die, giving birth to himself and Athanasia. Upon hearing of the psychotic behaviour, he wondered if the four of them would have been happier and not as hated as they were if she had survived... was that it? That was most likely the reason that man had yet to come to see his sister and himself- he was angry at them for being the cause of her death.

'...Father of the year goes to-'

Did he love her? Had they even gotten married? There were a few unanswered questions that he couldn't ask yet, not with him still struggling to control the movement of his tongue.

'What a douche, he's probably living the life in some nicer palace, while he leaves his children to the side like objects not wating to take responsibility- Leaving us in such a place, a place where he mascaraed so many women just because he was angry, a place he once used as a place for concubines!'

'I wonder what my first meeting with the Emperor will be like? Will I even meet the guy? Ahh, well, I don't exactly care if I meet him or not... you'd think I'd be lucky being born as a prince. I would have expected respect from anyone who would come across me. Unfortunately, having such little favour- favour to none from the Emperor, people themselves wouldn't give much respect- thinking us of not being 'worthy' of attention.'

Just as he was lost in thought, the door once again slammed open just as many times before. He closed his eyes, not wanting any attention at the moment.

He heard a few footsteps, alerting him it was more than just one maid.

"The prince is asleep," one maid said as they neared the cribs, only making him tighten his eyes shut, making sure his body was still.

"Hm? ah, the princess has yet to sleep," another maid said, leaning over Athanasia's crib where she lay, her eyes wide opened, wanting them to leave.

The maids began to speak amongst themselves, "Do we really need to be here? they're both babies. It's not like they can move on their own anyways", one maid snarked.