Chapter 3

Athanasios was leaning against a wall outside the Grand Palace they lived in, uninterested in anything going on around him since he had been dragged out here against his own will.

He would have preferred to be sat inside and be reading a book- even a nap would suffice, but Athanasia insisted on him following her and for them to go out on an 'adventure', but here he was waiting for her to get a treat...what a seemingly great adventure, just watching his sister beg for treats.

He lazily stared off into the distance. It really was a beautiful scenery out here seeing so many flowers in one place, with the sun still blazing in the sky yet to fall.

"Nanny, nanny, Athy wants chocolates" He heard Athanasia say to one of the maids, 'ugh, there she is, at it again! She's going to get fat at this point. She was already chubby enough as it was.'

He glanced over to where she stood as she attempted to gain the maid's favour, trying to get sweets. She was wearing a lovely pink dress; she really was good at getting people to do what she wanted.

Watching as she used that face on the maid, hoping it would work, she always used that face on him too when she wanted something. Most of the time, it didn't work, and those times it did, he couldn't resist- it was annoying.

"My sweet princess, you'd like some chocolate?" the maid asked sweetly. Wow, it really didn't take too long with them living to gain the favour of the maids. 'They used to hate us, but now they don't. Well, I guess Athanasia gained their favour. I just tagged along for the ride and get benefits from her achievements.'

His sister was a great actress herself. She truly acted like a child smiling everywhere she could to get something in return, while her brother barely even talked to the maids until he truly needed help with something.

In the novel she had read, the character she was now had been hated by the maids, so in order for her to have a nice childhood, to a certain extent, she needed the maids on her side, so her brother and herself wouldn't be mistreated.

It didn't really matter anyway as long their favour would be intact, as she was planning her 'great escape' as she gathered all the gems she could find to sell off for money.

"Yeah! Athy loves chocolate. Athy wants a lot!" Athanasia said.

"You like chocolate that much, your highness?"

'Ugh, why is she dragging this along?! just give the damn girl some chocolates so we can all move on with our lives.'

"Athy lovees Chocolate! Love it thi-s much! Athy loves Hannah too." She said, stretching her words to emphasise.

Athanasia is such a good actress, he pondered. 'I'd kill myself if I had to act like that to get what I want. The maids already think I'm cute enough, so I think I remain how I am now.'

"Hannah, what are you doing?" a loud voice called out, making him flinch where he stood, turning his head to his right to see the other maid, 'ugh, her, she's always ruining someone's day.'

"Ces!" Hannah said, surprised, seeing the other made make her way towards where she was standing.

Ces walked straight past Athanasios, yet to take notice of his presence, with a determined look on her face.

"The head maid Lilian told you, you can't give the princess snacks as you please!" The woman continued reprimanding Hannah.

Hannah rolled her eyes, "It's just one piece", she responded nonchalantly to the other maid.

"But you won't be the only one giving her snacks", Ces responded in annoyance as she crossed her arms.

Athanasios watched as Athanasia pulled on the maid's clothing, pulling it to grab their attention, "But Athy wants chocolate," she said, looking as adorable as ever. Her eyes sparkled like the gems they looked like. He frowned. 'How does she do it?! what's her secret?'