Chapter 9

Drawing? He smiled when Lily had proposed they draw, he was confident in his drawing skills, having taken art in secondary school. He took the class thinking it would be easy marks, but realistically he slightly struggled, not on the practical part, but more so on the theory part- he had no idea they would make him memorise the names of the artists when they were born when they died, what work they painted, it was ridiculous.

He burst into a fit of laughter seeing what Athanasia had drawn, his attention was broken hearing his loud laughter, frowning she looked to her brother.

"What?! Tell me what's funny!" she demanded, "You're a terrible drawer. Is there anything creative that you're good at? It's obvious I'm the superior twin, I'm talented at the piano and at drawing, and telling stories! Well, it makes sense since I'm the eldest." He boasted, childishly, enjoying what his appearance allowed.

He could say anything he wanted and it would be dismissed merely because of his age, but with Athanasia, it was the same, she would match him.

"Let me see what you drew!" she demanded again, her arms crossed where she was sitting on the floor. His drawing was behind him, he had been facing away from her when they were drawing.

He reached behind him grabbing his drawing, with both Felix and Lily looking at them fondly, with amusement shining in their eyes, watching the royal twins interact.

She grabbed the drawing from his grasp, and was stunned- Why is he so good at everything?! She thought in annoyance, trying to stop herself from ripping the page to pieces.

Athanasios had a smug smile on his face, seeing her reaction. The drawing was of a dragon, it was detailed to some extent, but he didn't over the top seeing as he would have to spend hours to do that. He shaded the drawing giving it a more realistic feel to it.

It was red, the scales prominent. It had dark green eyes, fire erupting from its mouth. "A decent drawing am I, right? Mine actually looks like something- yours is just.... just- Athy what is it?"

"Prince Athanasios, be nice" Lily lightly scolded, "you both did a good job." She continued, she smiled at his work, "You have a lovely furious dragon and you princess..." then looked at Athy's artwork, tilting her head, trying to grasp an understanding of what it could be.

"What are you drawing, princess?" Felix asked, staring curiously at the work.

"See even Felix is struggling to even comprehend those pathetic scribbles!" Athanasios muttered, for all to hear.

Athanasia threw her crayon at her brother.

"Athan!"

He laughed, "I was only joking, Athy, promise. I'll tell Felix just what it is," he spoke, looking at Felix smirking knowingly as he stood up, looking at the redhead, then to Lily, spreading his arms out dramatically.

"It's Felix's future wife, of course, our precious Lily!"

Lily's eyes widened, Felix was just as shocked hearing his words, wife? Both their faces flushed into a red. "You have a very interesting imagination my prince" Felix spurred out, refusing to look at Lily.

Athanasia looked between the redhead and their nanny, seeing their reactions and burst into a fit of giggles, finally stopping she spoke, "He's right! about it being Nanny. The prettiest person in the world!"

Athanasios nodded, looking at lily, "you are really pretty Lily" he said thoughtfully, then his hand massaged his chin in thought. "Which means..." he trailed off, then met her eyes, "That you deserve the best!" he finished.

Lily couldn't help but let out a laugh, "Oh really?" she mused, and he nodded frantically.

"Of course, which is why you deserve me! Just wait thirteen years, then I'll be a full-grown man, more handsome than the Emperor himself!" That had them all laughing and he let them, it was quite fun playing the part of a child, it was really- kids just said anything and everything. Forget about a filter, that doesn't exist in the mind of a child.