Chapter 11

"You're here", the Emperor stated in a bored tone that made Athanasios assume the man only had them brought there to entertain him once again. He was staring at us, waiting, as if he was expecting one of us to bust out some juggling cue- how lovely.

His sister and himself were standing on the right side of Felix. After their small chat with Duke Alpheus and her abrupt announcement of wanting to see their father, she grabbed his hand and dragged him away from the man, leaving him curious as to why his sister was not amused by the man.

"Yes, your Majesty. We met Sir Alpheus outside." Felix told his majesty the emperor from where they stood.

"Mister Whitey!" his sister helpfully contributed, leaving both himself and their father rather amused by her antics.

"Whitey?" the emperor repeated, the words sinking in.

"Because he looked like a white doggy!" she continued on, laughing in her mind. What surprised Athanasios was how the man covered his mouth. Was he actually laughing? Did he actually find it that amusing? Even Athanasios himself didn't find it amusing enough to laugh. It warranted a smile, not a laugh.

"Quite a fitting for a man who, like a dog, won't ever stop barking or being a nuisance." The emperor said in amusement while Athanaisos rolled his eyes.

"I rather like his white hair- I find it cool. Father should have been born with silver hair, so I could have had silver hair too. It's a shame...." Athanasios contributed, rocking back and forth on the back on his heels, ignoring how tense his sister had become at his comment.

It was true... he liked silver hair. It reminded him of his favourite character in 'Naruto', Kakashi. Going back to what his father had just said, it was amusing to note the fact Kakashi was a dog person with those ninkin of his. There were a lot of characters with white/silver hair that Athanasios liked.

He met his father's eyes, which were narrowed, "You are taken with his hair?" The man drawled, it seemed as though he wasn't bothered by it, but from where Athanasios stood, it seemed obvious that he didn't like that his son just insulted him.

Athanasios rolled his eyes as he sighed, "Though I suppose we can agree gold hair is just fine... seeing as my favourite people have gold hair! Athy, papa and then, of course, we can't forget about myself. It's hard not to favour hair like this when I model it perfectly-" as Athanasios turned to look at Felix, he shrugged his shoulders.

"Sorry, Felix... perhaps if you dye your hair, you can be part of my favourite people," Athanasios told him, keeping a straight face, trying not to laugh at how the red-haired knight was suppressing his laughter.

"Ah..." his father sounded out, seemingly unsure how to respond, "favourite..." the man spoke again, looking towards Felix with a superior look on his face, a discrete one, while his sister was slightly shaking at his side.

Was she trying not to laugh too?

With the lollypop in her hand, she handed it to Felix before running towards their father, which in turn had Athanasios follow her up, not interested in awkwardly standing there beside Felix.

At first, he thought she was going to ask the man to carry her, which he found ridiculous she would never do that. She still had some strange fear of him, which was warranted but still.

She seemed more interested in the gold throne. He sighed, seeing her awe.

"Now that I think of it, I believe Sir Alpheus also has a boy the same age as their highnesses. Wouldn't he be good company for their highnesses?" Felix mentioned. This had Athanasios turned on the step he was standing on, staring at Felix with interest. Someone other than his sister?