Chapter 13

"Athanasios!"

"Athan!"

"Your Highness!"

All those calls were nothing but a distant whisper that he could not hear. He was confused, everything had turned black, then there was light again- a dream? He has had a few of these dreams, but most of the time he could never make sense of them, or who he's seeing.

It was this woman again, no matter what he did in these dreams of his, he could only stand and watch, never communicate, she was beautiful. His hair was blonde... something similar to Athanasia's hair. Buttermilk and moonlight woven together to make her hair that flowed by day and shone by night. Her wavy blonde hair extended past her waist with soft bangs that framed her face and rose-coloured eyes.

Unlike last time they were in a garden, and by the look on her face, she seemed happy, last time she had been sad. He raised his hand stretching for her only to touch nothing. He looked back to that very hand, in deep thought as he glanced back at what his imagination had made.

It felt so real, who was she? Just staring at her she seemed so familiar- and there it was again, that soft melody she always hummed in these dreams he randomly has.

He watched as she picked flowers from the garden, it was calming and nice to watch. He found himself sitting down in the warm grass, pulling his legs to his chest as he wrapped his arms around his legs, resting his chin on his knees as he watched on.

His eyes closed as he listened to the melody, he felt like just staying there forever, it was nice, but he couldn't' stay dreaming forever...

...

...

Finally, those jewelled blue eyes that had been closed for too long opened, a glint of confusion and exhaustion evident in them as his narrowed eyes stared ahead from where he was laying yet to move. Though his brows furrowed as his vision became clearer, focusing on the person who was standing at his side.

"Ah, you're finally awake. I was starting to think coming here was a waste of time."

As the stranger spoke, he receive nothing but a blink from blinked... then blinked again, staring into the stranger's red eyes, having not seen them before finally responding.

"Why are you here?" was the first thing that came to mind to ask, seeing as it wasn't his maid or even sister. Why on earth was there a complete stranger in his room right now- wait, was he in his room?

When had he gone to his room?!

"Really? Not who are you? But why am I here? Perhaps I'm here to end your life," the stranger said cheerfully, smiling as he spoke, amusement in his eyes.

Athanasios used his strength to nod, before sighing, "Ah, so you're one of those guys. If you really want to end my life, you don't need to announce you're intent. You have to use everything to your advantage, meaning use the element of surprise. Why do you feel the need to tell me, you could have just done it while I was still asleep- here, I'll give you a second chance." Athanasios told the man before closing his eyes again.

He could tell the stranger was trying to scare him and wasn't actually going to kill him, even if he was Athanasios just didn't care enough, he was too tired to think too deep into it in all honesty, yet with all this thinking nothing was happening, if it continued on like this, he would surely fall a sleep.

He pried his tired eyes open, to see the stranger sitting on the floor staring up at him, with a raised brow, "I didn't expect that reaction... hm," was what the stranger said when he opened his eyes.