Chapter 10

He groaned in annoyance as he shut his eyes even tighter than they were before, having just woken up, feeling the rays of the new day's light peeking through his curtains. He was still in bed, holding on to his duvet tightly as he felt it being yanked by the ends.

"Vulpe!" he yelled in annoyance, refusing to open his eyes. It was definitely too early for this. It was how Vulpecula woke him up, he was ready to have him sleep anywhere but his room just to get another hour of sleep.

The tugging stopped when he called out his companion's name. His eyes relaxed as he sighed in relief that Vulpecula had stopped. He heard the fox ruffling about on his duvet before he could hear him ruffling towards him from under the duvet. He groaned again in annoyance.

He finally opened his eyes, sitting up on his bed only to throw the covers off of him, revealing the fox, who looked at him with a look of curiosity, but it was obvious he was happy to have Athanasios wake up. "You annoying little thing", Athanasios muttered light-heartedly. Vulpe stared up at him, his eyes filled with pure energy, ready to run around like there's no tomorrow.

Vulpe stood to his paws as he held his head as though he was the born ruler of the universe, yet the wobble in his walk as he headed towards Athanasios showed he wasn't yet in full command of his own limbs.

Athanasios grabbed hold of his fox, hugging it tightly to him. His fur was a new spark of life in the softest fur. "Your lucky your adorable... and soft," he held the fox a few inches from his face, a small frown on Athansios' face, "You smell oddly good for once. What did the maids bathe you in? I have them use it frequently... now, for a reason, you awakened me from a lovely slumber. It was for a walk, wasn't it? Well, more so a run when it comes to you."

His fox's yelp gave him the confirmation he knew was to come.

⪧⪦⪧⪦ ⪧⪦⪧⪦

The big grey eyes of his fox looked at him expectantly before shooting off towards the neverending field- it was exhausting having Vulpe as a pet, but he enjoyed the adventures that occurred, the fresh air blowing through his hair, the sun shining brightly down upon them.

He heard his fox whine, sitting on his back legs, looking up at the branch as he tilted his head. He rolled his eyes as he watched Vulpe leap into the air, trying to get a hold of the long branch from the tree ahead of him. Again and again, Vulpe would jump, never getting closer with his small stature. After all, he still had time to grow.

Athanasios couldn't help but snort at such a scene. "You can't have the branch Vulpe..." he trailed off, spinning around in a circle looking for something that would have him distract- ah, there, a stick. He picked it up and walked towards the fox who was staring at him with curiosity, "Here", Anthansios said as he waved the stick in front of Vulped face, his excited eyes following it as he panted, jumped from side to side, trying to grab it from Athansios' grip, finally achieving his objective, as Athanasios stopped moving it.

With big grey eyes and his silver furred tail with specks of blonde streaks swishing like he had just got all his birthday wishes at once, and immediately Athanasios knew what he wanted. Vulpe wanted that slimy stick thrown across the field, and not once, but over and over again. If he did, they would be there for a long time... but he couldn't refuse the cute face Vulp was making.

He silently cursed as he curled his fingers around the stick from his mouth. Vulpe releases it at once and sits, looking at him expectantly. Just as Athansios' arm wheels backwards, Vulpe runs forwards fast instead of doing what Vulpe expected. Athanasios waited until he stopped to look back at him. Then he threw the stick back down the hill they had climbed up, which was behind him. It wasn't a steep hill, but it was still considered a hill in his eyes. He threw it as far as he could and Vulp hurdles after it.