Chapter 6

He let out a yawn as Ces raised his arm just like she had done with the other arm, raising them both to pull down his dress shirt. He was still drowsy from sleep that he had yet to comprehend what his situation was.

"No! He should...."

"Are you sure? Blue seems..."

One second, he was having a blissful dream about winning some sword fight, then the next he's been wakened up from his nap of the day- he knew he should have gone to the tree, then they couldn't wake him up. He was barely listening to anything going on around him, but he knew the maids were deciding what he should wear.

"And his hair?"

He let out a large dramatic sigh as he squeezed his eyes shut trying to get rid of the sleep that crept from the corner. Opening them again, his blurry vision focused once more as he stared at the piles of clothes that were laid with the utmost care, maids rushing past each other with different accessories in their hands.

He turned his head to Ces, who was currently doing his buttons.

"Um... Ces?" He called out unsurely, his head unintentionally tilting with curiosity.

"Hmm?" She hummed as he got to the final button clapping her hands in satisfaction.

"Why do I need to get dressed?" He asked.

Her smile dimmed slightly as her thin lips parted, "His majesty the emperor has requested both their highnesses."

He hummed at her response until that relaxed look on his face turned into one of horror.

'That's nice- wait, what!? They're going to see the Emperor again? Why? When the red-headed knight had told them the Emperor would be seeing us again, I thought it was just pleasantries- I don't need more awkward silence in my life right now.'

--

The Emperor was truly full of surprises. First, the man suddenly 'invited' them to have tea with him upon finding them on his palace grounds, which was entirely unintentional. If Athanasios had known where his sister had gone, he would have happily let her go alone and continue to nap... but then again, the idea of a new adventure was enticing, so maybe if he had known beforehand what was to happen. He would have a 50 to 50 chance deciding whether to take a nap or see the Emperor with his very own eyes.

The sudden tea gathering with children and father... now this? The man called upon them for an audience- announcing that both himself and his sister were to be treated as his official children from then on. It was surprising.

They had arrived in the throne room, standing at both sides of their nanny Lily. She greeted the man as expected. Anathosios was standing on her left, while Anastasia was standing on her right. While Anastasia was standing in fear, trying to conceal it, Athanasios was looking around the throne room, awed by the room itself.

"Blessings and glory upon the sun of Obelian Empire", Lily spoke gracefully as she curtsied in respect.

With looking over the history of the Empire, he had always found their greetings to royalty interesting. The Empire was the sun, the empress was the moon, while the royal children were to be referred to as stars. The heir, at times, can be referred to as the 'future sun'.

Now? He was the first star, while Athanasia was the second star. They weren't his heirs. They were barely even treated as stars of the Empire.

"I haven't been able to pay attention to my only children due to my duties at court." The Emperor spoke in his toneless voice.

Lies! They were five, was this man being serious? He was busy with his 'duties' for five years? This was ridiculous; what made him change his mind now? Perhaps for his own amusement, Athanasios couldn't really see any other reason. Perhaps it was for the best. He was keeping them around for 'entertainment'. He could really use that to his benefit. Perhaps they'll be proper royalty now. Perhaps more access to books, etc.