Chapter 5

"What are these filthy bugs doing in my palace?"

Simultaneously, both of them turned around to the new voice that filled their ears; Athanasios slightly stood in front of her, seeing as he had wanted to grab her attention before the new voice arrived.

His heart stopped at what he was seeing, the man-

It was-

Blonde hair-

Blue jewelled eyes-

It was the Emperor... it was their father- Claude De Alger Obelia.

The tall man looked down at them with narrowed eyes. The area around them started to feel tense at the sudden situation.

'What is he doing here?!'

He heard a clash, he didn't look at all, he knew what it was- it was the stupid bag Athanasia had with her, he winced as he heard the coins rolling around the floor- 'great, he's going to think we're thieves now.'

He couldn't really say much with how the green jewel he had in his grip slipped from his grip as well, only a second apart from her mistake.

The cold eyes of the Emperor glared down at them, "That face, I've seen it before." The man said coldly- he was looking at Athanasia... 'Lillian had always said that Athy had looked more like their mother. Was that what he meant by that? Was he seeing the similarities between them?'

".. Yes", he muttered under his breath, as an image came to mind as he stared at the child, "It was that dancer from Siodonna?" he said again.

Athanasios' eyes twitched at the statement, 'Is he trying to say he doesn't even remember our mother? Oh heavens, dude barely even remembers our mother, so how in God's name would he remember we exist.'

"You look like that wench." He spoke again.

'-What?'

He started to feel angry with every word coming from this man's mouth- He took a step forward, glaring up at the man, a glare similar to his own a red knight noticed.

His hand pointed at the 'emperor', "How dare you!" he growled out. He had no right to disrespect her. He should let her rest in peace, not-

"ATHAN!"

He looked back as his hand dropped. Of course, it was Athanasia, she was shivering in fear, yet she had enough courage to yell his name- she was afraid. She didn't want her brother to die.

He huffed as he looked back at the Emperor. He had an amused look on his face, which only annoyed Athanasios further, not just an amused gaze but a smirk to follow.

"Of course, the wench had to have two of them, and it seems one of them has courage." He spoke again, the amusement laced in his voice.

The man's hand reached to where they were standing, "Then again, it doesn't matter who they came from."

Athanasios stood perfectly in front of Athanasia. She was scared; he knew it. She was still shaking. As he stood in front of her again, she grabbed his hand tightly.

"Your majesty", another voice sounded.

Athanasios followed the voice and was faced with a red-headed man, but that focus was broken as the Emperor was in front of him- he clenched his jaw as the man used a finger to lift his chin up as he stared.

He glanced towards Athanasia, who was standing behind the boy and gave an amused chuckle, "And I think I remember what that wrench decided to name both of you."