2

It only takes a matter of moments for your phone to vibrate from its place on the bed, and almost like it was going to jump up and bite you, you hesitantly rise to your feet and walk over. You eye the device for a second before your still trembling hand picks it up, and you were surprised to see that Camila had actually messaged you back.

CamilaCabello: yes, hi, hello. thank u for letting me join your live. i had fun

You raise your eyebrows in surprise, and this time, the hesitation was slightly less apparent as you message her back.

CuteAssCabello: Oh yes, it was real fun embarrassing myself in front of someone I've loved for like, five years.

You send the message, smiling when the read icon appears straight away. It takes approximately ten seconds for her to respond.

CamilaCabello: 5 years? wow, that's some commitment

CamilaCabello: and u didn't embarrass yourself. u were super sweet

CuteAssCabello: Even when I accidentally called you hot?

CamilaCabello: accidentally

CamilaCabello: so u don't actually think im hot?

CamilaCabello: wow y/n, im offended

CuteAssCabello: Oh shush you know we think you're hot as fuck

CamilaCabello: mhhh

CuteAssCabello: Camilaaaaa

CamilaCabello: wow so whiney

Now it was your turn to be offended. Pressing your thumbs down onto the screen harder than necessary, you begin to type your message knowing just the effect it would have.

CuteAssCabello: Karla

It takes a little longer for her to reply this time, but eventually your phone buzzes again.

CamilaCabello: u did not just say that

CuteAssCabello: Oh but I did

The longer you talk, the more normal it begins to feel. Of course you're still a little starstruck that you're talking to the Camila Cabello, but slowly, that mindset was drifting away and it actually felt like you were just talking to a friend. You were glad for that, because you didn't want to spend what little time you had with her obsessing over her every word and action.

There was always something about celebrities and their fans -you think to yourself- like how they always held whoever they looked up to to such a high standard thinking they could do no wrong. Of course you were old enough to understand that that wasn't in fact true, because as much as you adored the tiny Latina you were currently in conversation with, you knew she'd made countless mistakes. Some of which were minor, but most big enough to be broadcasted on the internet for everyone to see.

But the thing is, it was those mistake that make her human and it was those mistakes that made you not hold her to such a high regard. Yes she was famous, yes she was insanely talented, but she was still just...a normal person. A normal person who's mistakes don't define her and in actual fact made her just like the rest of us.

Imperfectly flawed but in such a beautiful way.

Your phone vibrates in your hands, bringing you out of your internal monologue.

CamilaCabello: just u wait until I get my hands on u

You smirk, suddenly feeling brave.