15

Another chapter just because I'm nice (also bc I wanna work on my other books but I want to finish this one first) enjoy!

**

You'd been at Camila's for a few hours now, and despite thinking that she had forgiven you for earlier, it appeared as though you were wrong. It wasn't that she was acting any particular way, but there was a look in her eyes; a look that told you she wasn't as over it as she seemed.

To put it blankly, you knew it had bummed her out.

"Mila?" You question from your place on her bed, the woman stood opposite seemingly playing with anything she could to avoid making eye contact with you. She freezes at the sound, so you knew she'd heard you, but yet, she doesn't move. Feeling a little useless, you climb off of the bed and make your way over to her, grabbing her waist and pulling her onto your lap as you sit back down at the end of the bed.

She surprisingly doesn't fight you, but she doesn't make an effort to scoot as close as she usually would either.

Sighing lightly, you rest your chin on her shoulder, not knowing what else to do. A few silent minutes pass before a quiet sniffle fills the silence, and you turn your head slightly and see her cheeks shiny with tears. Heart breaking at the sight, you tighten your grip around her and place a gentle kiss to the wet skin.

"What's wrong baby?" You ask softly.

She shakes her head, "Nothing, not really." She murmurs, speaking to you for the first time in over an hour.

You ease her off of your lap and scoot back ever so slightly before reopening your arms, gesturing her onto your lap again but this time, facing you. She hesitates, but thankfully complies, allowing you to pull her close.

"Talk to me mila. Please."

She sighs, her breath hitting your face, "I want...I want to tell people about us,"

"But?" You question, gathering there was more to the statement.

"But I'm absolutely terrified." Her voice breaks as her eyes fill with a fresh round of tears. Before you could speak, she continues. "I didn't realise just how much until I went to your apartment today and realised Emma was there. And it's...I just want to be able to hold your hand in public. To hug you and kiss you like I have no cares in the world. I want to say that you're mine, I want to say that I'm so damn proud to have you but...but I just don't know if I can and I worry...I worry that I'll take too long, that you'll grow tired of waiting and-" she cuts herself off, but you knew what her next words were going to be.

You'll break up with me.

"Can you listen to me for a second?" You ask, bringing both hands up to gently wipe the tears from her cheeks before placing them back around her waist.

She nods, her hands clutching onto your shirt like it was a lifeline.

You sigh nervously before speaking, "This...what we have is still very new to the both of us. We've been together for what, like two weeks? Not even that? So I'm not expecting you to be ready now. I'm not expecting you to be ready for a while because I know just how scary coming out can be; especially when you're under the public eye. I care so incredibly much about you, so whether its weeks, months, years from now, I'll still be here. You're stuck with me for the rest of your life."

"But what if your feelings change?" She almost begs, seemingly not as comforted by your words as you'd hoped.

"Then I'll sit you down and we can talk about it like two mature adults. I'm not one for games, mila, so if things start to change then I'll tell you."