18

I didn't intend for this to be so short, but after the last sentence, adding more felt wrong. I hope you enjoy!

**

"Voila." Camila says bashfully as she leads you into the living room, and your eyes widen when you take in the sight in front of you. There were fairy lights strung around the room as the only source of lighting, a table with two places set up; flowers and a candle in the middle. Then there was the couch which she'd set up into a little snuggle corner, the tv on and ready with the movie the notebook paused on its opening scene.

And to top it all off, there was light instrumental music filling the room.

"This is beautiful." You murmur as your eyes finally make it back to her. She was stood there, dressed in a checkered dress that fell to mid thigh, her hair half up in a cute bun with a pair of strapped heels on her feet.

She looked extravagant.

"Really? It's okay? I know it's-" she starts, and you knew she was about to break out into one of her external monologues

To stop her, you step forward and grasp her waist, pulling her body flush against your own, "It's perfect. You're perfect." You place a gentle kiss to her lips.

She grips tightly onto the lapels of your blazer, "Really?" Her heels made her a little taller than normal, so she didn't have to look up as much to make eye contact with you.

"Really." You reassure, sliding your hands down her arms until they meet her own before giving them a soft squeeze. "Now the big question, did you cook?" You ask with a teasing smile.

She immediately pulls away and slaps your arm, and you knew her nerves were gone.

Camila had spent the entire day planning this, and she didn't tell you exactly what it was she was doing until you'd made it to her house not even five minutes ago. Her only instructions had been to dress nice and turn up at eight, so walking in, it was safe to say you were elated. You knew she'd wanted to take you on a date, but something like this was completely unexpected.

"Of course not. Do you want to be poisoned?" She takes your hand and leads you over to the small table, pulling out a chair for you to sit on.

Your eyebrows raise in surprise at her chivalrousness, but you comply allowing her to scoot you closer to the table. Before she could disappear however, you grasp her waist and pull her back so her chest was flushed against the side of your face. She doesn't say anything and simply holds you close to her, and you allow yourself to take in the calmness of the moment for a few more seconds before giving her a squeeze and letting her go.

She presses a kiss to your forehead before disappearing through to the kitchen, and you find your eyes flickering around the room once again. She really had outdone herself. No one had ever done something like this for you before, and it made you fall in love with her all the more.