002.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
002. ❛ diamond travels.

AFTER ENDURING AN arduously lengthy flight and savoring several delectable chocolate bars, Diana Black found herself in Berlin, Germany, accompanied by Scott Lang, Wanda Maximoff, and Clint Barton. Seated in the sleek black van, a passed-out Scott beside her, Diana elegantly examined her impeccably manicured nails, aiming to pass the time.

"So... you like cats?" Wanda inquired, her gaze fixed on Diana through the van's rearview mirror, emanating a blend of curiosity and intrigue.

"No," Diana responded with a dismissive shake of her head, her dexterous fingers flicking a petite diamond toward Wanda. "I like those."

Gracefully capturing the glimmering gem, Wanda's eyes locked onto its mesmerizing allure before rising to meet Diana's gaze, who passed a smirk accompanied by a tantalizing wink. The effect was undeniable, as the Sokovian witch couldn't help but feel her cheeks flush with a rosy hue.

Wanda caught it and looked at the diamond, entranced by its beauty, before she looked back up at the girl, who gave her a smirk and a wink. Successfully making the Sokovian witch blush.

Before the two could further indulge in conversation, Clint exited the van, casting a directive upon them. "Both of you stay put, alright?" he instructed.

Suppressing a sarcastic retort, Diana's thoughts were echoed by Wanda, who nodded and replied, "Got it."

As Clint closed the door, Diana turned her attention back to Wanda, her eyes gleaming with curiosity. "So, what exactly can you do? Do you just conjure little red party streamers for kids or what?"

Wanda's jaw clenched in response to the joke, and she turned to face Diana directly. "No. Here's your diamond."

Diana swiftly caught the object before it collided with her face, her glare fixed on Wanda. "That's not nice. Didn't mommy ever tell you it was rude to throw things?"

A slight sarcastic pout formed on Wanda's lips as she retorted, "Didn't mommy ever tell you it was rude to talk back?"

Diana's wide smirk grew even more mischievous. "So, you do have fire in you. Good. I like it. I thought you were just another lost cause."

The final sentence caused Wanda's head to drop down, her shoulders slumping, and her tired eyes cast downwards. Diana's playful demeanor faded as she observed the girl.

It was no secret that Wanda Maximoff was haunted by her past. Diana always noticed the little things.

She noticed how Wanda struggled to maintain eye contact with men for more than a few seconds, how she flinched subtly at the slightest touch, and how she gazed at laughing siblings with a broken expression.

"Did you lose someone?" Diana asked softly, her gaze shifting away from Wanda and towards the small blue car parked nearby.

Wanda remained silent, her gaze fixed on the car with a troubled frown. Diana's eyes returned to the witch, filled with empathy and understanding. "People call you a monster, don't they? Because of your powers? I see it on the news often. I mean, I'm not one to dig into people's past or get take my precious time trying to understand them of something but—"