009.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
009. ❛ mentally stable conversations.

"YOU HAVE REACHED THE voicemail box of Happy Hogan."

Peter sat perched on the railing of a fire escape, his legs swinging back and forth as he dialed Happy's number. He took a deep breath before leaving a message. "Here's my report for the night. I stopped a thief from taking a bicycle, but I couldn't find the owner so I just left a note. I helped this lost old Dominican lady cross the street. She was really nice and bought me a churro. I'm just, uh... I feel like I could be doing more. I'm curious when our next real mission is gonna be. So yeah, just call me back. This is Peter... Parker."

Peter let out a sigh and took a bite of his sandwich. He pulled his mask up to reveal his mouth and nose when suddenly, a female voice startled him.

"Hiya, Spidey." The Black Cat's voice rang out, causing Peter to flinch and almost lose his balance, teetering on the edge of the fire escape.

Lowering herself upside down in front of Peter, the Black Cat reached out and snatched a bite from his sandwich. "Mmm, that's delicious. Delmar's?"

"I- what?" Peter stumbled over his words as he saw the girl chew piece of his sandwich. "Uh, yeah, it's from Delmar's."

"Hmm," Diana hummed, catching her own reflection in a nearby window. Her platinum blonde hair fluttered around her, and her cheeks slightly flushed. Her eyes sparkled with a mischievous glint. "Damn, I look good upside down."

Peter couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her self-admiration. "Are you... are you seriously checking yourself out right now?"

"Of course." Diana nodded and looked at the boy's lips, letting her grappling hook bring her more down until she lightly pecked the boy's lips.

"Hey!" Peter exclaimed, quickly pulling back and rolling his mask over his face. "Did you just kiss me? What was that for?"

"I wanted to see how it felt to kiss someone upside down, genius. Don't let it get to your head," Diana retorted, rolling her eyes playfully. She effortlessly flipped, landing gracefully on the fire escape beside Peter. "And anyway, you do have very kissable lips."

"That doesn't mean you can just go around kissing me without warning!" Peter flailed his hands in exasperation.

"So, you want me to warn you next time?" Diana raised an eyebrow, teasing him, and snatched the sandwich from his grasp.

Peter's mechanical eyes widened in surprise. "Next time?! There's going to be a next time?! Are you insane?!"

Diana pretended to ponder for a moment. "Hmm, maybe a little bit. I prefer to think of myself as delightfully unpredictable."

"That's the same thing!" Peter dragged his gloved hands down his face until he snatched his sandwich back, "And give me this!"

Diana chuckled and planted a playful kiss on Peter's masked cheek. "I'm just messing with you, Spidey. Come on, we both know I'm fully insane."

"Enough," Peter chuckled and lightly pushed the girl's shoulder.

A comfortable silence settled between them as they both turned their attention to the setting sun. In truth, they loved each other's company, even if they pretended otherwise. It provided a sense of solace in their chaotic lives, making them feel a little less lost in the vastness of the world. No matter how different they were, they were both so alike.