028.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
028. ❛ winter air.

DIANA'S EYES SNAPPED open, and her eyes were met with Peter hovering above her, the cold air making her slightly shiver.

Peter sighed in relief and pulled the girl in a tight hug, "Are you okay, Ana? I'm sorry- I never should have let you follow me in there."

Concern was written all over her face as she pressed her palm to his cheek, letting his hand hold onto her wrist in security. That was until she found the Vulture sitting on a sign as he prepared himself to leave.

"Oh, you've got to be shitting me." Diana groaned and sat up, watching as the Vulture took off into the night sky. "How the fuck is he not dead?"

"Hey, hey, hey. Take it slow." Peter tried to stop the girl from sitting up further. He had found her buried beneath the stone unconscious, and he wasn't going to leave her in this state just to go catch a criminal.

"Will you be okay?" His whiskey eyes stared down at her with concern.

"Just go, Pete." Diana slightly winced in pain, her blue eyes staring into his soul within an instant. "Please be careful."

Diana watched Peter swing away on his webs, chasing the Vulture into the starry night sky. She shut her eyes as she felt a sharp pain in every section of her body. She didn't know how much stone she was under, but her body ached severely.

Slowly pulling herself up, she took out her phone and dialed a number she knew. Hearing the slow ring of the phone was really torture for her.

"Hello?" A worried male voice came from the device, music being heard in the background.

"Hey, Ned. Are you busy?" Diana leaned against Flash's wrecked car as support.

"Not at the moment, what's up Diana?"

"Could you give me a ride home? Please?" Diana asked with a sigh escaping her lips. "Peter went after the Vulture, and Flash's car isn't in the best shape at the moment."

"Of course! Where are you?"

Diana looked at her surroundings as the wind greeted her with kindness. "Um, I actually don't know. I'll share my location."

"Okay, I'll be right there."

WHEN SHE GOT HOME, Diana immediately took off her clothes and took a shower. Her leg was aching in immense pain, and she had a scratch going down the side of her cheek.

Diana just hoped that Peter would be okay, and she hated worrying about him. So, to distract herself, she went to lay on her couch, all of the large windows of her loft open to let the fresh air come in. Pulling out a book, she lighted a candle while the New York skyline emitted a beautiful light.

About an hour had passed, and she had gotten pretty far in The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. But soon, Peter came falling into her loft. He had crawled through her open windows and immediately fell on the carpet.

Peter was bruised and bloody. His suit was burnt in places and had rips. Diana instantly shut her book and rushed to his side. "Oh, fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck!" Diana kneeled down and brought the boy towards her couch, "You better not get blood on my carpet, Parker."

"Too late." Peter managed a little chuckle before coughing, weakly holding onto her, "It hurts, Ana."

She carefully helped Peter up on the couch and leaned him against the arm of it. "What the hell did he do to you?"

She got up and ran into her closet, grabbing the emergency kit that she had stored. When Diana came back, she gave a look at Peter and then at his sweatshirt.

"I need to take this off," Diana stated and started fumbling with the sweatshirt.

"Okay," Peter whispered and nodded, throwing his head back in pain.

Diana could tell that his healing factor was starting to kick in when she unzipped his sweatshirt as carefully as she could. It still earned a whine from Peter as he slid it off his arms, but Diana mumbled a quick, "Sorry."

Her eyes went wide as she stared at the four deep claw-like marks that were already starting to heal, but they still needed to be cleaned. "Oh, Pete. What happened?" Diana's eyes softened as she looked up at the boy.

"I fell off a plane and managed to catch the Vulture." Was all he said as his eyes fluttered up to meet hers; he did give a weak thumbs up, though.

"Well, this is gonna hurt like hell. So, sorry in advance." Diana stated as she poured the alcohol onto a cloth and pressed it to his toned chest. Peter pursed his lips and shut his eyes tightly at the stinging pain, grabbing Diana's free hand tightly.

The wounds looked even better now that they were clean. Diana then let go of his hand and began to clean his face, wiping away all the dirt and blood.

"Ana?" Peter said, looking at Diana directly in her eyes.

"Yeah?" She replied, giving a small smile.

"I'm so sorry," Peter said as he grabbed her hand that was next to his face, "I always seem to drag you into harm's way and-"

"Peter. They were my decisions, not yours. I'm fine." Diana reassured him, and it all went silent. And suddenly, a tiny little snowflake flew in through Diana's window and landed on her book.

Looking towards the window, a smile formed its way onto Diana's face, "It's snowing." She spoke softly, looking over at Peter, who was already looking at her. She felt her stomach flip at the way he was looking at her.

Peter's light pink shade of lips formed into a thin smile, and his hands had risen to rest at either side of her cheeks. His thumbs brushed the loose strands of blonde hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear.

Diana's breathing slowed as her eyes slowly moved to stare at his lips with lust. They had kissed before, yes, but that had no meaning, no love.

Slowly, their eyes had flickered up to stare back into each other's eyes. Peter's hand had moved to the sides of her neck as his thumb gently brushed itself against her jawline. He looked nervous, and just as she was about to speak, his lips smashed against hers.

She did not hesitate to kiss him back as he pulled her closer. Pulling back, Diana spoke in shock, "You... you just kissed me."

"Shut up." Were the only words that left Peter Parker's mouth as he pulled her back in for another kiss.

Diana's heart skipped a beat as she found herself lost within the kiss, and she wanted to stay like this forever. All she could focus on was his soft lips and his soft skin.

Both teenagers had lost their breath, but neither wanted to pull away. Reluctantly, Peter pulled away from her. His lips had curved into a smile as he gently pressed his forehead against hers and his hands had gently grabbed onto her hips, "I guess you can die now since you've properly kissed me."