011.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
011. ❛ fuck, marry, kill.

PHYSICAL EDUCATION, more commonly known as P.E. or gym, wasn't something Diana particularly enjoyed. But there she sat on the cold bleachers next to her friend, who was engrossed in a book, completely ignoring the low-quality video displayed in front of them.

"Hi, I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or out," The recording from Captain America's fitness program played on the TV, causing Diana to stifle a snicker.

"Do you know him too?" Ned asked quietly. He had been asking Peter all kinds of questions throughout their day ever since he had found out Peter was Spider-Man.

"Yeah, we met," Peter answered, a hint of mischief in his voice. "I stole his shield."

"Woah," Ned breathed.

"Shield? What shield?" Diana leaned between the two boys, her curiosity getting the best of her.

"N-Nothing, Diana," Peter stuttered, avoiding eye contact. Diana raised an eyebrow, sensing that they clearly weren't telling her something. Just as Ned opened his mouth to spill the beans, Peter discreetly kicked his foot, silencing him with a sharp jolt of pain.

"Yeah," Ned wheezed out, his foot aching in pain, "It's nothing, Diana."

Diana shrugged, still suspicious of the duo's odd behavior. Slowly, she leaned back into her seat on the bleachers.

"Thank you, Captain," Coach Wilson said, addressing the video on the TV. "Pretty sure this guy's a war criminal now, but I have to show these videos. It's required by the state, so let's do it." He blew his whistle, signaling everyone to either do sit-ups or climb a rope.

"Are you ever not annoying?" Diana snapped at Flash, who was invading her personal space and laughing at the kids struggling to climb the rope.

"Black, you're next," Coach Wilson called out, pointing at Diana. Reluctantly, she stepped forward, already dreading the task ahead.

"Do we have to? I mean—" Diana began, only to be cut off by Flash.

"No, she'll do it, right, Diana? Don't tell me you're scared of a little rope," Flash taunted, a smirk etched on his face. Diana shook her head, muttering German profanities under her breath as she approached the rope.

"Okay, Diana, you'll climb the rope and ring the bell at the top before time runs out. You have sixty seconds. Whenever you're ready," Coach Wilson explained, holding a stopwatch in his hand. "It's okay if you don't make it to the top. I've only had a few students accomplish that in my years here."

Diana's lips curled into a smirk as she looked up at the rope, which didn't seem as intimidating as she had initially thought. She turned to Flash and mouthed 'watch this' with confidence.

Securing the rope around her leg, she placed her other leg on top, intertwining them together. Diana met Coach Wilson's gaze and nodded, signaling him to start the timer.

With nimble agility, she ascended the rope, swiftly reaching the top and triumphantly ringing the bell at the forty-two-second mark. A hushed silence fell over the group on the mat as Diana gracefully descended.