014.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
014. ❛ late night stalking.

DIANA SAT ON THE EDGE of her bed, her eyes fixed on the hotel room door as a sense of unease began to creep into her thoughts. She saw Peter sneak out of his hotel room earlier, and her mind spun with possibilities, and suspicion slowly rose within her.

Breaking free from her contemplation, Diana turned to face her roommate, Mj, who was engrossed in her book, utterly oblivious to the unfolding drama. "Mj, I'm gonna go join Liz and the others at the pool, alright?" Diana declared, her voice tinged with a mixture of determination and curiosity. She rifled through her belongings, searching for the sleek Black Cat suit she had packed.

To her surprise, Mj remained unresponsive, sprawled across her bed in a deep slumber. A puzzled expression crossed Diana's face as she observed her friend, noting the abandoned book resting near Mj's outstretched hand. Sighing softly, Diana's interest in Peter's absence overshadowed her confusion about Mj's sudden fatigue. She hastily jotted down a brief note for Mj, leaving it on the nightstand beside her, hoping her friend would find it upon waking.

With a swift yet graceful motion, Diana donned her Black Cat suit, its supple fabric conforming perfectly to her lithe frame. She moved silently towards the window, cautiously opening it to avoid attracting attention. The cool night air kissed her cheeks as she peered outside, her eyes scanning the surroundings. A faint glimpse of Spider-Man swinging through the city caught her attention, furrowing her eyebrows in perplexity. Curiosity mingled with a touch of apprehension, propelling Diana forward as she stealthily pursued the masked hero, her heart pounding with anticipation. 

"WHY IS THEIR SECRET lair in a gas station? That's so lame," Peter muttered to himself as he observed the white van ahead, oblivious to the blonde girl stealthily approaching him from behind.

"Spidey, Spidey, Spidey," the Black Cat chuckled, watching Peter whip around to face her, his fist narrowly missing her face. "Hey, it's not nice to hit girls."

Peter groaned in annoyance, desperately trying to ignore the fact that Diana might be under that suit. "What are you doing here?!" he whisper-yelled.

"Following you," She stated as if it was obvious.

Peter clenched his jaw. "No shit, I meant why."

"I was just curious," Diana shrugged, grinning mischievously at the young hero.

Spider-Man scoffed, nodding his head. "Yeah, I heard that's bad for cats."

"Woah, Spidey," Diana chuckled, her voice dripping with playful affection. "Take a chill pill, baby."

Peter shook his head, then suddenly seized her arm, propelling them both up to the top of the gas station sign. Diana let out a small yelp of surprise, swatting Peter's hand away as they squatted, attempting to maintain their balance.

"Since you're here, you're going to help me," Peter declared.

Diana opened her mouth to decline the offer, but Peter interrupted her, addressing his AI, "Hey, suit lady. What're they doing?"

Diana swiftly pulled out an earpiece and synced it with Peter's suit, allowing her to listen in on the conversation. If they were going to work together, they needed to be an actual team.