27 - ARC 3.7

Third P.O.V

It has been quite a few years since the hunting competition and (Y/N) was nearing their 14(0)th birthday.

It doesn't feel like a lot has happened, but at the same time, things have changed.

During the hunting competition, an official's son went missing, so everyone started looking for him.

When they found him, his body was ruthlessly torn to shreds. It appeared to be a animal attack.

(A/N: The key word is: 'appeared'.)

The official went mad with grief after learning about his son's death.

So yeah, (Y/N) had no confirmation that Jack was behind that stuff, but they still were suspicious.

Jack's behaviour has also been changing. He has tried more than once to kiss (Y/N), but when they interrogate him, he denies it.

(Y/N) finds that they take comfort in hanging out with Nathaniel. Although they are fond of Nathaniel, (Y/N) is brought back to reality by remembering their mission.

(Y/N) often wonders what it would be like to stay in this world, but then remembers Jack.

I can't stay with the queen, I can't stay with Nathaniel, I live a very lonely life.

(A/N: I wonder.... Queen x (Y/N), or Nathaniel x (Y/N). What is the best ship(that's right, I'm making you choose)?)

Staring at the ceiling, (Y/N) should have fallen asleep hours ago.

There were two knocks on the door. (Y/N) pretended to be asleep.

The door opened and closed, followed by some footsreps.

The palace was a fairly secure place, so there were only a handful of people who could come in...

"It seems my queen is asleep."

...Including Jack.

Jack came up to the bed and leaned by (Y/N).

"I know you're awake, my queen."

Jack whispered in (Y/N)'s ear.

Darn it! I thought he might go away if he thought I was sleeping.

"I'm TRYING to fall asleep!"

(Y/N) said with a frown as they sat up.

"Do you think I care?"

Jack said with a grin as he sits down on the bed.

"Well I care."

(Y/N) mutters.

"You shouldn't, we are going to be married in a few DAYS after all."

(Y/N) choked on air.

"W-What are you talking about?"

(Y/N) sputtered out.

"The earliest elves can get married is at age 14(0), so your birthday is also going to be our wedding day."

Jack said with a smile that suggested he won the lottery.

Original Jack postponed the marriage until (Y/N) was sixteen, but he fell in love before that could happen. Now, Jack seems to actually like me. This could be a problem.

"Couldn't we wait until I'm sixteen?"

(Y/N) asks. A serious look crosses Jack's face.

"I've waited 8(0) years, I'm not waiting any longer."

Jack pinned (Y/N) down.

Why!? And to a bed?!

"You know what I'm looking forward to the most?"

Jack's face was inches from (Y/N)'s face.

"Our wedding night."

That's it! I'm going to escape!

There was no way (Y/N) was going to marry this psycho.

Author's Note: Will (Y/N) be able to escape?