30 - ARC 3.10(END OF ARC 3)

Third P.O.V

There was silence for a few minutes before either of the two men could process what happened.

Nathaniel came to his senses, but didn't say anything.

He couldn't believe (Y/N) had took the poison for him. He was a servant, who in their right mind would die for a servant?

Jack however, snapped to his senses quite aggressively.

Jack opened the cell door and ran to (Y/N)'s side.

"This wasn't supposed to happen."

Jack touched (Y/N)'s cheek. Even in death, they still looked gorgeous. Jack regretfully looked at (Y/N)'s closed eyes, knowing they would never open again.

Jack had got a fast-acting poison so (Y/N) couldn't heal the servant. Never in his life would Jack think that (Y/N) would choose a servant over him.

They chose him, instead of me...?

Jack glared hatefully at Nathaniel.

It's all his fault.

Jack stood up and let out a deranged sounding laugh.

"I'm going to torture you so much you'll be begging me for death."

Nathaniel felt a sense of dread at the prince's words. He looked around, looking for something that might save him.

Then Nathaniel spotted it. (Y/N) had fallen backwards after taking the poison, but their feet were towards him, and poking out from (Y/N)'s boot was a dagger sheath.

Although his ankles were chained, if Nathaniel leaped for the dagger, he might be able to grab it.

So he did. Once the dagger was in his hands, Jack stopped his movements on getting closer to Nathaniel.

"Don't do anything stupid."

Jack said dangerously.

Nathaniel pointed the dagger at himself.

Sorry (Y/N), I couldn't live on, but I hope to see you in my next life.

The cover story that Jack created was that (Y/N) had escaped their captors to warn him about an assassin, even after they were poisoned. (Y/N) helped anyway they could, but still died after the assassin was killed.

This story helped Jack since it explained why two people were dead, and that Jack could not marry after having such a loyal fiancée.

Jack had (Y/N) beautifully preserved and spent his life wishing (Y/N) was still alive.

"I'm going to miss you, my queen. But this will not be the last you see of me."

Meanwhile...

("Ughhhhh! That lasted forever!")

["..."]

("What's my progress?")

["30% towards promotion."]

("Let's go to the next world.")

["Transferring soul...29%....62%....86%....

Transfer complete."]

Author's Note: Congratulations! You readers have indirectly saved Nathaniel from a slow and painful death!!

Quick and painless > slow and painful.

So don't be mad at me!!!