˗ˋ 90

CHAPTER NINETY

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH PLANS ARE MADE
AND INTERRUPTED

. . .

"I took some Firewhiskey." Jane had a grin on her face reminiscent of the expression Fred and George had covered whilst asking them to do various things earlier that their mother would certainly disapprove of. She was trying to lighten the mood - although she was sure to have already swiped it before they slipped out of the kitchen - following quite the shock of Mrs Weasley confronting a Boggart that turned into the sight of several of her loved one's, including Harry himself. "Come on.. you know you need it."

"You're trying to turn me into Mundungus?" A hint of a smile crossed Harry's lips. "Didn't quite chalk him up to be your type but..."

"I don't think so." Jane giggled, a pretty little sound that echoed in the blue-tinted halways of Grimmauld Place. "I mean, of course I'm not trying to turn you into Mundungus.. but you just saw your own dead body and... well I didn't really want to see one of the first few photos of my parents that I see to be them next to all their dead friends. Including your parents."

"Yeah, well at least some of them were alive." Harry hummed. He really was greatful for that - even if the majority in that portrait werre dead, including his own mother and father as well as his girlfriend's, then he supposed there was something nice about seeing it. Although, Jane's own words put a thought into his head; if Hagrid was able to scoop together enough photographs of his parents during Harry's first year then perhaps when he returned he could ask for the Gamekeeper, amongst his many other duties as Care of Magical Creature professor, for him to do the same to Jane.

"Some of them." Jane nodded, coming to stop on the landing and resting on the wooden, blue light from the streetlamp directly outside one of the house's many bottled windows shining down over them. She pulled the small firewhiskey bottle from where she had stashed it beneath her cardigan and pulled off the stopper, taking a swig. "Geez, they don't half take their naming seriously in this world."

Harry laughed at that, the wrinkle of her nose too funny to ignore. "Give it here." The Potter demanded, and clutched the bottle, rather familiar with the drink after the two celebratory parties that came after each of the Triwizard events that came out with all four contestants alive in. The burn was familiar to, in more than a good way. "I'm going to miss you, y'know." He mumbled, taking another sip.

Jane was quiet for a moment, pondering her answer before she smiled, deciding against a more snarky reply. "I'll miss you too. More than you know, actually. It's been strange, but I guess I'll be more ujsed to it thanks to you."

Harry took another swig before handing it back. "Used to what?"

"Well I went from being in a home full of other kids to being alone, and then there was you." Jane shrugged. "But then I'll be going to school and I'll have letters from you to keep me company." Jane shrugged. "I'll be fine, so don't look like that."

"I'll write..." Harry paused, consideration crossing his face. "Three times a week." He finally said. "It'll be my OWL year and if I know anything about Hogwarts then I know that means my amount of homework will increase, otherwise I would've insisted in constant correspondence every day until summer."

"Except from the holidays." Jane interrupted. "Because then you'll be coming back here."

"Excluding the holidays." Harry nodded. "But seeing as my amount of homework limits my free time... as well as the fact I have Quidditch practise - which I have to somehow get you to come to one - but three days a week I'll write. More if I can."