The Cat And The Witcher

It was supposed to be an easy task. One werewolf. Nothing to crazy but Geralt was struggling terribly. He was barely standing and the werewolf was actually four and he only took one down. Two out of the three were one hitters but the leader was barely hurt at all. Geralt quickly took out the two easy ones then got tackled by the big one. He kicked it off and the world howled after it rolled a couple of yards. Now Geralt couldn't get up again. He was to tired and weak making him think this was the end of him.

He was actually okay with that, he was in his eighties now and he was tired of listening to Jaskier winning about where he was sleeping a lot. He got on up but he couldn't stand straight. He leaned on his sword and he was on one of his knees. The wolf quickly charged him but out of no where a fluffy ball of fur hit the wolf in the face causing the wolf to slide and roll on the ground.

The wolf howled as the fluff ball scratched its face going for the eyes and biting the wolf tearing the wolf's face apart. The wolf threw the black fluffy creature off its face but after it rolled a couple of feet the creature charged at the wolf again knocking the wolf off its balance. The wolf was frantically trying to get away from the crazy creature that seemed to be way to big for its britches but it wasn't backing down. In fact it was getting pissed off that the wolf wasn't staying down. To his complete surprise the large wolf took off with its tail between its legs wounded. The fluff ball chased after the wolf a little ways until it disappeared into the forest.

The black ball of fluff quickly bounced to him and Geralt was now completely ashamed of himself. It was a cat. A black fuzzy cat saved his ass and now he owed his life to this thing. He didn't even know where it came from but he wished it stayed there.

"You have to be fucking kidding me. I killed three werewolves and it takes you to scare off the leader. Why couldn't you just let me die?" He asked as the cat sat in front of him.

The cat meowed then tried to knock him over like it knew what he was thinking.

"I rather bleed out then owe my life to a cat," he said pushing the cat away.

The cat hissed and head butted him in the groin hard making knocking the wind out of his lungs.

"You are not a normal beast, you understand what I'm saying don't you?" Geralt asked as the cat meowed again.

"If you understand me then you must be a person, my apologies. This must be a curse of some sort then, for saving my life I will break your curse when I am healed then," he said as the cat started rolling in the grass and started playing with the bugs in the grass.

"So you can only communicate for a short time you needed my help or you saved me because I needed help. Either way I owe you my life now so I can't bleed out here no matter how badly I want to," he sighed as he cut the three werewolves heads off and took them with him to the inn.

He was going to kill the straggler tomorrow and get paid even though the job was for just one there was more then just that one. Geralt was getting a raise out of it thankfully and Jaskier could stay in the inn longer.

"Geralt dear friend what happened to you and why do you have a cat?" Jaskier asked as the cat hissed at him and tried to scratch his face off.

"Easy, cat this is Jaskier. Jaskier met cat. Cat is a cursed person and he or she saved my life so I am going to break the person out of this curse," Geralt informed.

"Wait that cat is a person? You call the cat Cat seriously doesn't he have a name?" Jaskier asked.

"Cat can't speak but he head butted me when I said I didn't want to owe my life to a feline. He took great offense to that," he said as Cat started playing with Geralt's hair and licked his wound on his face.

"Okay, are you feeling alright? You didn't get hit in the head to hard did you?" Jaskier asked.

"I'm sure this cat is a person, here hold him," he said as he took the cat off his shoulder and tried to hand the cat to Jaskier but the cat hissed and snarled at him.

The cat tried scratching and bitting his fingers off making him back off. Geralt but the cat on the ground and the cat rubbed against his legs and started purring. It rolled on his shoes and Jaskier looked at him shocked.

"That cat is a demon! I love animals I really do but that cat is crawled out of the pits of hell!" Jaskier informed.

"Oi! You witcher you find a black cat did you?" The bartender asked seeing the cat.

"If I did?" He qestioned.

"That cat keeps coming around here eats the fuck out of the rats and hates being touched. Leave it alone it will leave you alone trust me tried taking that cat out and it nearly took four of my fingers off. Mean son of a bitch if it likes you keep the dame thing and don't bring it back here," the bartender said as the cat was purring away happy and content with its life.

Geralt picked up the cat and the cat rolled on its back showing off its fluffy stomach and purring. Geralt and Jaskier ordered food and the cat stayed next to Geralt the entire time like he was its master. The bartender had three plates of food and and tried placing it on the table but as soon the man came close to Geralt it went berserk and tried ripping him to shreads.

"Fuck you to you crazy fucker, I hope the witcher butchers your furry ass!" He growled as he moved closer to Jaskier and the cat stopped hissing and snarling.

"Small plate is for the tiny fucker. Normally if I feed it and people leave it alone it doesn't attack people. If I don't it will keep bothering me until I give it something," he muttered as the cat as the cat happily started eating.

"So if this cat is a person why is it hanging around here? There is a kingdom not even days ride from here, why not go there?" Jaskier asked.

"Maybe Cat was thrown out due to its curse. Not pulling its weight around the house so they got rid of it. Wondered here because more food," Geralt informed.

"It sure likes you maybe it's a man or another witcher," Jaskier informed making Geralt stare at the cat.

"It did protect me," he informed.

If this cat was a witcher he probably deserved it honestly all he had to do was look at the witch wrong to get cursed. The cat started to bat around his cup so he moved it but the cat seemed to have other ideas and was trying to knock it off the table. He was actually enjoying himself watching the car do what normal cats do some what.

"Here peace offering," Jaskier informed giving it a small piece of meat and the cat stopped messing with the cup and started eating it.

Jaskier smiled as it ate and suddenly the cat ran off the table. It knocked over chairs and ran in between people's legs.

"What the fuck is wrong with that cat?" Jaskier asked as Geralt could think of many things wrong with the cat.

The cat came back with a large fat rat in its mouth and dropped it near Jaskiers plate.

"That's disgusting!" Jaskier groaned at he moved over so the cat could eat the rat.

"This is what cats do Jaskier, don't eat that," Geralt said taking the rat away and gave the cat some more of his food.

The food wasn't that good any way and Jaskier was maybe going to be shitting himself three our the night. The rat was probably better then what ever this was. Geralt took a bath and the cat sat at the edge of the tub and was occasionally walking around it.

"I wouldn't drink the water if I were you, I'm still bleeding you know," he informed.

The cat meowed a bit and shook its fluffy body getting a bit of grass out of its fur. Geralt brushed the cats fur and played with the cat a bit more before going to bed.

"I don't normally share my bed with anyone besides whores Ibut I guess I can make an exception for you. Hopefully you are not a man though, just what happened to make you this way?" He asked as the cat yawned and got snuggled under the blanket on his chest.