Old Age

Claire woke up on top of Geralt but it was a little bit harder for her to get up then she noticed some of her hair was turning gray! She panicked  then tried to get up but she could barely get up by herself. Claire quickly got dressed and looked in a mirror and saw her reflection in the mirror but it didn't look like her. She was so old.... she looked like she was in her early forties now making her touch her face in horror. Her hands even seemed to age making her tear up. This wasn't supposed to happen but of corse no girl in her family lived longer then twenty one. She wanted to cry because this wasn't the person she was used to seeing in any mirror and there was nothing that could be done. When or if she met Ciri she was going to be an old maid. She probably would even be able to see her face. Claire knew if Geralt saw her he would be horrified. Maybe he should have put her out of her misery a while ago.

"You're up early," Geralt informed as she froze in place.

Geralt did like young girls or to better put it women in there twenties to thirties not what she was at right now. She couldn't fight anymore for sure her whole body felt so weak and frail making her angry. She was useless.

"Claire?" Geralt asked as she stood there looking at her self discussed then she felt something weird in her mouth so she spat it out.

It was a tooth. Luckily you couldn't see where it came out but this was it. Claire started crying making Geralt confused. Claire never cried so what ever it was had to be bad.

"Claire?" Geralt asked as he slowly turned her around.

He made her look at him and saw she aged a lot while she slept and saw the tooth in her hand. He sighed as he huged her tightly but it didn't make her feel better. She was ready to die but ready to age so fast that she was going to be useless for anything even fighting.

"It's going to be okay I'm not leaving you here to rot. I'm here until the end," he said softly.

"Geralt look at me! I don't even know what is happening anymore! I am so old looking and I could barely get up this morning! I'm losing my teeth and what if Ciri needs help. I won't be able to fight anything not even a dam cold! I don't even know why you want to keep me around seeing me like this, I'm discusting and worst of all useless by all means!" She cried as she threw her tooth on the floor.

"You are not useless and you another discusting to me. You really think even if you forget who I am I'm going to leave you somewhere to starve? Claire I care about you no matter what. I loved you before you were older and I still love you know twenty or so years later. I didn't know this wasn't going to be a quick fix and I'm sorry but at least your not with your family. They won't even recognize you now which is great. They won't try to take you back home and kill you like they have been," Geralt said as she sniffled.

"Why did you say you love me? I'm dying and there isn't anything you can do about it. Your better off with someone else," she pointed out.

"I think when you slapped me across the face I had no interest in helping you but then you fought me again just to prove a point. I never thought I would like a woman like you but I do. Even now. I know I age much slower then you do but if I was able to cure your curse I was going to stay until the very end. I still intend on doing that even if you lose all your hair, you lose all teeth, even of you turn blind," he said as Claire didn't know what to say.

"Geralt I can't love you like a normal person. My feeling are dull you deserve better then what I can give you," Claire said as he held her tighter.

"Don't tell me I deserve better because you make me better, now let's go find our lost child surprise," he said as she smiled weakly.

"Okay hopefully she isn't to far," she said as Jaskier came in and he dropped his lute.

"My god you got old real quick," Jaskier said as Geralt looked at him angerily.

They started traveling again but every day that passed she aged five years. Claire was getting arthritis in both of her hands so Geralt helped her put her dress on every morning. Her hair turned bright white like his, she was getting rinkels, she was going blind in her right eye, even walking sometimes made her bones snap and since she was old now she wasn't healing as fast as se should be. Claire started to lose some of her back teeth and her hearing as well. But Geralt still loved her anyway. To Geralt she was just as beautiful as the day they met and he made sure she knew it. Watching Claire age broke him in ways he didn't know were possible especially when she couldn't remember the name of her own horse for some reason. Claire couldn't remember when they met and couldn't even remember she had a curse anymore but she remembered him though which made him happy.

Jaskier hated this so much, seeing Claire fall apart was really hard to watch. It wasn't natural and seeing Geralt trying desperately to keep the memory of him and sometimes Jaskier was hard. She mistook him for her son or even Jaskier sometimes, try to se one of them up with her grandchildren she didn't have, try to give them both advice, and she tried hard to remember where she saw them before. She knew there names but sometimes couldn't remember how they got there. They were both very patient with her but Geralt more so. Geralt swore he would never marry a human girl unless he truly loved her as much as he loved Claire because on the outside he smiled at her and tried so hard to be strong but on the inside watching this wonderful person leaving him at a fast past was breaking him.

Sometimes Geralt wanted to cry because at first she wouldn't except her fate of dying as a old woman but after three days or fifteen years in her time she excepted it and everything started to get worse from there. Claire was so frial now that she was in her eighties and she was thiner then what she used to be. When Claire turned into a cat and slept on him he would stay up sometimes thinking about all the years he wasn't going to have with her. The amount of adventures they weren't going to be going on together but worst of all he didn't know how to be a father. She knew all the ways how to be a bad parent but that also ment she knew how to be a good mother as well. He wished he ran into her sooner and tried to save her then because he could have. He made that journey passed her kingdom so many times... did he meet her before and just not know it? Now he felt even more guilty. Maybe she coul forgive him and maybe forgive himself one day not soon but someday.

My discord guys if you want to join it!

https://discord.gg/pD3c2EYuMU