The Journals

"I need the diaries of the first queen Claire Lewis. I have proof that this curse is going to kill your son as well," Geralt informed as the king laughed in his face.

"Kill my son? I highly doubt that, just take care of my daughter and I will pay you when she's dead," he informed as Geralt picked him up by his shirt and pinned him against the wall making some of the guards point there swords at him.

"Put me down witcher!" He demanded.

"Your daughter is important to, she is your blood and she is suffering because you refuse to help her. Something has kept her alive and I don't know what but this curse will kill your son. Also I know you have another son but with a different woman. Your son that talks down to your daughter has had his three children already. He won't have more. Two sons one daughter. I have no idea why this curse is so specific but it is and the only way I can save Claire and maybe your family is to have those journals," he informed.

"My son has children?!" He asked shocked.

"Three and I will find them if and only if I can save Claire. She is my top priority right now because she is the one that may explode any second," he informed.

"In the library there is a red chest filled with her books. It's in a secret room behind a book case. You should find what you need in there.

He quickly hurried off and nearly tore down the book case to people's shock and found the chest that had a lock on it. Since he had no time to waist he quickly broke open the old chest and found several diaries in it. He found over thirty books and it was going to take him forever to find out what the hell was going on with Claire. He didn't want her to die and he actually cared for her. He cared for a lot of women in his life but unlike the others Claire didn't give a fuck if she spoke out of turn or if she hurt people's feelings. She spoke her mind which most men hated but he didn't mind it. Plus no one in there right mind would throw a book at a witcher. He flipped threw the pages and found the very first book after about an hour of searching threw the chest.

Year 995 July 22

I am unsure how much more of this I can take the king is unkind to and to his people and I can't stand it but I am a prisoner here. I may not leave these grounds without heavy punishment. He has taken most of my diaries and burned them once he found out I have been writing about my first husband Joanna again.

How can I not when the foul man that took me by force and ruined my life killed him because I was beautiful? Because I was rich and my heart wanted nothing more then to marry Joanna who was just a poor farmer. The king cursed me when I refused to leave him. This curse is painful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but yet I wish it upon my new husband. I hope I can never have children but with how many times he forces himself on me its just a matter of time I bare his child.

I will never blame them for what has happened but I will make sure they know the truth so they can be better then him and if not I wish painful deaths for them so they understand that life is unkind and just because you feel the need to beat a defenseless woman and murder her loving husband doesn't mean you should do it. If I have a daughter I will teach her to fight and to never let a man do what he did to me ever. I hope they marry for love and not for need but the way this kingdom is the cycle will continue. The only thing can stop it is death so let there be death.

So she was cursed by the king this was extremely bad. He knew what the words were and how to break it but he was long deaf and he burned her journals. There was no way he wrote down what the curse was or had someone else have it written down.

There was no way he could figure out wphat kind of curse it was now and Claire was going to die. Maybe he could find it if he read all these journals but even then there was no way she would know what the curse was. He needed more information but the witch and or elf could be long past dead.

"Fuck!" He growled.

Then he thought about Claire he needed to check on her to make sure her brother didn't kill her. He grabbed the chest full of journals and headed back to her room.

"Thanks for not letting me drown in my blood," Claire smiled as she was trying to clean herself off.

"Where is Jaskier?" He asked.

"Told him I was going to strip and I was going to slap him again if he watched," she informed as she started undoing her her dress.

"I found the journals but apparently the first king really hated his wife. Burned her journals a good portion of them at least. Also he killed his wife's first husband so he could marry her," he informed.

"Seriously? That's disgusting but sadly I can belive that. That's what happened to my mother. Dear old dad sent him to go fight some beast and he didn't make it back," she informed.

"I can't figure out what the curse is and if I don't know the words just can't tell you what the cure is for it," he explained.

"That's alright Geralt I don't mind dying really. Sure it will be painful but at least hopefully my line will end and with no kids I will break the cycle. Unless some how I get pregnant and I swear if that is part of this stupid curse I will be extremely pissed off," she said as her dress hit the floor and she got another one.

"So you don't mind changing in front of me but you do Jaskier?" He asked.

"Well he is a horny boy, you aren't  attracted to me so I have no problem with it. Also I have been sleeping on top of you naked," she pointed out.

"Claire I will go threw all of these journals but I probably won't find anything useful. I will keep looking," he said as she sighed.

"Geralt it's okay... I know you are a dedicated man but there are things you can not fix and you got to be okay with that. You win some you lose some. I'm sorry you are going to lose me but it is better this way I promise," she informed.

Geralt could understand why she wanted to die but he couldn't let that happen. He did the one thing he told himself never to do and that was to get attached to people. He got attached to her. There was his problem he needed to go get his child surprise and help her now to. He couldn't just let her suffer even if he wanted to. He had been in search for Ciri for a while now and hasn't been able to find her maybe he could convince her to help him. It would be better then dying here in this prison her family called home. Maybe he could figure out the curse if he found Yennefer. She probably could tell him something maybe she could even tell him how to break it.

"I have a plan and it involves you getting out of here. Want to run away from here?" He asked as she smiled.

"Thought you would never ask, I'll get some rope," she smiled as she tied her dress and and quickly left the room.

Rope? Why rope of all things?