How To Cure A Curse

Eskel was filled into Claire's very oddly specific curse while Claire was slowly disappearing and turning into a cat. They were in an Inn trying to slow down her curse but it wasn't slowing down at all. Claire was barely holding on to her own mind and it was extremely hard for them to watch her turn into a cat in broad daylight.

"So the only way to cure my curse is for me to fall in love and have a child; do the opposite of what my grandmother went threw? It's already to late for me though I'm way past my life expectancy," Claire said as she was breathing hard and trying to fight her curse.

"I'm sorry Claire but that is all I can think of, but you are right you are way past your life expectancy; kissing someone alone could kill you right now. So the best is to let you live the rest of your life. Geralt is going to have to find some of your relatives and try to break the curse you have been given," Yennefer said as Claire looked at her with one of her green eyes and a cats green eye.

"Lovely... I told you Geralt you wouldn't be able to fix me. Hopefully I don't die before we find Ciri," she said as Eskel looked at her oddly.

"My child surprise," Geralt informed Eskel as he looked at him shocked.

"Don't ask, Claire we can fix this we will find that person to help you," Geralt informed.

"If you haven't noticed the only person I like is you. I... rat!" She hissed as Geralt grabbed her.

She tried to fight her way out of his arms to get that rat she saw in the corner moving around. Her eyes completely turned to cat eyes and her nails were getting longer. She started to get fur on her arms a bit. Her teeth even started changing making Eskel look terrified at first but slowly started get used to this odd curse.

"Claire! Concentrate, think about what you did today. Talk to me Claire come on you can fight it," Geralt said as Eskel tried to help control her but she hissed and tried scratching his face off with her nails.

Before anyone knew what to do she turned in to a cat right in front of everyone. The sound of her bones breaking morphing into a small fussy black cat was hard for Geralt to listen to. But what was worse now was that her fur was turning gray and white in some places. She was aging faster then she should be. When she turned back; if she turned back she was going to look older then what she was and be weaker.

He picked up her dress as he let her go so she could get that rat. They looked at each other but Eskel noticed how upset Geralt was, she wasn't just a whore she was way more then that he even knew that now.

"I can try to see if Vesemir knows anything about her curse. There has to be a loop hole somewhere," Eskel informed as Geralt held her dress tightly in his hands.

There was no way to save Claire; she was losing herself and soon she wasn't going to be herself anymore. Claire was going to turn into a zombie again like she did before but she wouldn't be coming back this time. He was going to have to kill her to put her out of her misery but he didn't know if he had the heart to do that.

"No... there isn't a loop hole. Not this time; if she doesn't turn back and is in a lot of pain I will kill her," Geralt said as Jaskier looked at him shocked.

"Geralt you never give up! You can't just kill her, there has to be a way of saving her life!" Jaskier said angerily.

"She can't drink any potions, she has to fall in love which she can't do because her curse prevents that, she can't have kids because she will die before having them. Her curse is killing her and ripping her apart! She is disappearing, her whole existence is pain Jaskier, what do you want me to do?! Do want me to watch her explode, how about hear her scream until she finnaly dies and that can take days! I'm not letting her suffer from this curse anymore," Geralt said as Claire had caught the mouse and jumped on his back. She climbed up onto his shoulder then dropped the mouse. Geralt caught it and put her dress down.

"Thanks," he said as she mowed but then she started coughing.

Geralt grabbed a cloth and held her over it as she couched up blood. Then shook it off.

"I'm sorry Geralt, do you know why her cat likes you so much?" Eskel asked.

"My theory is that she is supposed to help find Claire and once he finds her she will die. My second theory is that he was the one supposed to break her curse but he came five years to late," Yennefer said as Geralt sighed weakly.

Geralt never knew he could care about anyone like he did Claire and now he was going to watch her die slowly and painfully. Geralt loved her, not because she woke naked on top of him every morning but because she was smart, she was mean, and she was not afraid to say what was on her mind at all. She loved fighting for what was right and never gave up no matter how hard it seemed.

He remembered when she slapped him across the face after telling him she would and it shocked him. No one dared to hit a witcher except for people that had a death wish. Claire didn't care who or what he was she was going to do what ever she felt like and no one could stop her.

"What am I going to do with you Claire?" Geralt asked as he looked at Claire and she started to purr in response.

"I need to be heading out Geralt, if you save her bring her by to fort. Her and your child surprise I would like to get to know them better," Eskel said as Geralt nodded and he headed out to go find another monster to kill.

"It's only six it looks like we should camp here, I must go myself. I'll find you," Yennefer informed.

"Alright, hopefully we will find Ciri," Geralt informed.

"You will, you have Claire and knowing her she won't give up until you find her," Yennefer informed as she made a portal and left.

"Geralt we can't find ciri like this! It is just the two of us and Claire who is close to death! We need help! We can't do this by ourselves and people could be hunting her down ready to kill her right now while you are nursing Claire. She said to leave her behind if she causes problems and I hate to say this because I care for her you care for her but she is no use to us in this condition. She won't survive much longer. Geralt I don't want you to kill her if we leave her behind," Jaskier paused.

"I'm not leaving her alone, no one gives a fuck if she lives or dies but me and I won't let her die in a ditch. I won't let her think for a moment she was right about all men. She deserves to have her final days knowing someone actually cared about her. I don't want her to feel like she is worthless when she gets older either. Her curse is aging her and I am not going to let her think everyone only wanted her because she was young and appealing to look at. I made a promise and I broke it so I will help her until she can't be helped any more. She is worth it to me and I know she will be worth it to Ciri even if she doesn't live to see Ciri. Ciri will know Claire helped us find her," Geralt said as he Jaskier sighed.

"Fine, but hopefully she doesn't cost Ciri her life," Jaskier said as Jaskier went to get a room.

Geralt looked at Claire weakly and smiled a bit. She was worth fighting for and he wasn't about to leave her anywhere. Even if she got old, everyone aged. Hopefully he was going to be worth something to a woman one day even when he got so old he had to use a cain to walk. Being a wicher was never easy but she made it easier to deal with. If he wasn't a wicher he would have never met her. He was glad he met her even if he was going to have to watch her suffer and die. He still cared about Claire a lot and nothing was going to change that. Hopefully she felt the same way about him.

My Beautiful Dark Curseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें