The Last Day

Stefan, Elena and the two Mikaelson’s were sitting in the parlor room of the boarding house, having a discussion about the curse.

“Tonight is the full moon.” Elijah tells them. “We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse.”

Stefan is the next one to speak. “Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it’s actually just a curse placed on Klaus?”

Theta nodded to the vampire question. “Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse that was placed keeps it from blossoming, so to speak. But if he breaks it…he will finally become what he was meant to be. A hybrid.”

“Then why are we letting him break the curse?” Damon turned the corner into the room. “We can kill him today. With Bonnie.” The vampire emphasized the witch’s name.

“Damon-” Stefan was caught off by Elena.

“No. Bonnie can’t use that much power without dying.”

Damon waves her off. “I’ll write her a great eulogy.”

Theta rolls her eyes at the two when Elena shoots down his idea. “It’s not an option, Damon.”

Stefan turns to look at Theta and asks another question. “All right, how do we break this curse?”

“The ritual itself is simple.” Theta tells him. “The ingredients being used are already known to the three of you.”

“The moonstone.” Stefan says.

Theta nods while opening her palm to show images of what is needed. “A witch needs to channel the power of a full moon to release the spell that was bound to the stone. After the witch succeeds in doing so, my Un-” Theta cuts herself off. “Klaus, seeing as he is both, will sacrifice one vampire and one werewolf.”

“And where do I fit into it?” Elena asks. 

“The final part of the ritual.” Elijah pulls out a wooden box from the shelf. “Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger…to the point of your death.”

Elena's eyes widened at the news. Not expecting that she will have to actually die for this plan to work. “And that’s where you two come in.” She said after getting her voice back.

“This is an elixir that I acquired 500 years ago for Katerina.” Elijah pulled out a glass bottle and showed it to the three. “It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation.” He gave Elena a pointed look at the last word.

“So I’ll be dead?” The doppelganger looks between the father daughter duo.

“And then you won’t.” The original told her.

Damon scoffs at the idea of the potion. “That’s your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?” The vampire then turns to Elena. “You want to come back to life, what about John’s ring?”

“The magical properties of those rings only work on humans.” Theta explained to them. “Seeing as the doppelganger is a supernatural occurrence.” She gave Elena a pointed look. “The odds of the ring working are slim to none.”

Damon glared at the youngest Mikaelson. “I’ll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn’t work, Elena?” The last part was directed to the person he was in love with.

“Then I guess I’ll be dead.” Elena declared, done with Damon’s attitude. The two have a staring contest before Damon’s eyes shift over to his little brother. Stefan just shrugged, not liking the situation but trusting his girlfriend either way. The vampire then turns to look at the Mikaelsons before walking away, coming up with his own plan. Once he was gone, Elena spoke up again. “Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?”