The End Of The Affair

After their long day, the three slept once again in a hotel room, before hitting the open road once more. Thankfully, their stop wasn't nearly as far as their others. Parking in a parking garage, Klaus stops the car, letting out the Theta and Stefan. Once they all hopped out of the car, they were greeted with a familiar sight.

Klaus threw his arm over the ripper's and his niece's shoulders. "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan, Theta."

Stefan cringed slightly at the contact. "What are we doing here?"

"I know how much you loved it here." He said it like it was a gift. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days."

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

Klaus scoffed. "Oh, don't be like that. I know Little Theta here has been sharing her whittle ol' memories with you." He giggled at his face. "I've told you once before Stefan, nothing gets past me."

Theta's right eye twitched. "Can we get on with whatever you have planned, please? It is too early to fantasize pushing your head under water till the bubbles stop."

Klaus looked down at her. "What's got your panties in a twist? You were quiet in the car."

Her mouth fell open at the words. Turning her head slowly, Theta glared at her uncle. "Maybe it's all the testosterone I've been engulfed with all summer."

"I would have thought you would have wanted to be 'engulfed' by our friend here?" The uncle smirked down at her, happy with his innuendo.

"You. Are. Disgusting." The half angel snarled while Stefan flinched.

"I can say the same thing about the two of you." He wasn't phased by her tone of voice. "I do have super hearing, you know."

This time it was the regular vampire who spoke. "No one asked you to listen."

Not knowing what to say, Klaus changed the topic back to the windy city. "Chicago, 1920's. Word was the ripper of Monterey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun."

—-------

It was Chicago, 1921. Stefan Slavatore had embraced his ripper side once more and was currently drinking a poor maiden's blood after sucking her face off. As he drained her of her blood. She fell limp, dying from blood loss. Knowing she didn't have any more food within her, Stefan popped his collar as he stepped out of the car. Entering a hidden speakeasy.

As he sauntered into the bar, the singer on stage noticed him. "Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?"

Stefan smirked up at her. "Save me a dance, Gloria." He reached for a glass of champagne only for someone else to take it. "Ooh. Please, help yourself."

Theta looked up at him through her lashes. "Oh, I always do." She smirked as she leaned in closer, eyes vamping out as she smelled the blood on his neck. "Careful, Mr. Salvatore. You're still wearing your date. She must've been lovely."

Theta goes to walk away only for Stefan to grab her arm. "No, no, no. Who are you?"

She just gave him a wink.

—-------

"Chicago was magical." Klaus smiled as he looked over the modern day city like it was his.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it." Stefan glared at the back of his head. "I was compelled to forget, remember?"

Klaus merely rolled his eyes at his friend's attitude. "Ready to get down to business, then?"