The Hybrid

Somewhere in the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, Klaus, Theta and Stefan were climbing up the hill towards the wolf pack that resigned there.

Klaus, leading the two, turned around to look at the vampire holding the dead werewolf. "You ok? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine." Stefan grunted back, not wanting to make conversation.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

"Niklaus." Theta interrupted him. "We understand you love the sound of your own voice, but we-" She gestured her hand between herself and Stefan. "-can only handle so little. So Uncle be a dear, and shush."

Said uncle laughed. "So much hostility. Your anger is suffocating you, my niece."

"Have you ever thought that 'my anger' came from being on this crusade to hunt wolves all summer." She kicked a stone by her feet. "Or that I am only here to make sure you don't actually dump our family in the ocean, or that-"

Klaus placed his hand on her mouth. "Quiet you, we found ourselves a pack. There."

Her eye's harden, before glazing dawn at Niklaus' hand. Klaus then pulled it away with a small yelp. He looked at the palm of his hand to see it already healing from some type of burn. Theta's uncle raised his eyebrows at her, and all she did was give him a tight lip smile and then elbowed him in the stomach.

"Do that again and it won't be your hands that burn." Theta muttered to Klaus before meeting up with Stefan, who already dumped Ray's body, scaring the campers.

"Ray! Oh, my God." A woman runs up to the dead body. "What's going on? Who are you?"

"The important question is, who am I?" Klaus walked up to stand by the others. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid." The woman's voice shook.

"You've heard of me." His smile grew. "Fantastic."

—-------

Klaus and Stafn were sitting down with Theta standing behind them as the werewolves watched their every move.

"It's fascinating, actually..." Klaus spoke. "A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." As soon as he finished his monologue, Ray bolton up causing Nik to smirk. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

Ray groans. "What's happening to me?"

The Original Hybrid held his hand out, ignoring the wolf's question. "Stefan?"

"Are any of you human?" Stefan stands up. "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition into a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

Theta walks around to take her place between Klaus and Stefan. "It only takes a drop." No one moved. "Anyone? A boyfriend? What about a girlfriend?"

Klaus, seeing a man squirm a little, knew who was going to 'donate' his blood. "You." He vamp speeds over to the guy, biting his forward causing him to scream.

When he tosses him, Stefan catches him before shoving him to the ground in front of Ray despite the protest of the pack.

The vampire, seeing Ray struggle with fighting his hunger, leaned down a little. "If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop."

Klaus looks towards the woman closest to him. "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die."

She glared at him. "I'd rather die than be a vampire."