Deceived By The Mask - Part 3

I stood in amongst the chaos that was now my bedroom,  rummaging through my wardrobe, desperately trying on every piece of clothing that I owned. I wanted to put together a stylish outfit that would both impress her and entice her. I spent far too long staring at myself in the mirror, carefully applying my best makeup and doing my hair. Before spritzing my best perfume all over myself to ensure I smelt alluring. It was 7pm before I knew it. My heart pounded as I took one final look at myself in the mirror, checking that I looked good enough to meet the gorgeous and mysterious Cruella and left my house immediately, setting off to Regents Park to meet her.

It was 7:20pm by the time I got to Regents Park. Darkness fell across the sky and the dim streetlights began turning on, signifying that dusk was almost over. I sat myself on a bench grasping her note in my hand and waited nervously for her. Every inch of my body was filled with both dread and excitement, whilst my heart pounded and my mind raced with thoughts of what I might say to her. I had no idea what to expect, but I knew that I had to see her, to find out what she wanted from me.

I looked down at my watch in anticipation, waiting for her arrival. As I looked up I saw a black-and-white haired woman in the distance walking towards me, dressed all in black. My breathing quickened and my skin began to tingle as she approached me. I wanted to say something but just seeing her there left me speechless. I took a deep breath trying to steady my nerves and looked up at her, staring at her stupidly, smiling hoping that she would have the courage to speak first.

"I see you got my note then." She said breaking the silence between us.

"I did." I nodded at her, feeling a little unsure of how to respond to her. 

"I am glad you could make it. I do hate to be disappointed." She smiled deviously, examining me with approval. "You look as gorgeous as you did last night."

I felt the blood rush to my face, as her complement hit my ears. "Thank you. As do you. You certainly made an impact on everybody last night." I replied trying desperately to keep the conversation flowing, despite my awkward nervousness.

"Well I do like to do that." She giggled playfully raising her eyebrow ever so slightly. "And did I make an impact on you?"

"You could say that." I said, trailing my eyes up and down, examining her, whilst trying not to seem overly enthusiastic about her.

"Well making an impact on the most beautiful girl in the room is the only thing I care about." She laughed, before sitting herself beside me. "So tell me about yourself, I am desperate to know more about you. "

"Why don't you tell me about yourself. You're the mysterious one out of us both." I replied flirtatiously. "Or better still, why don't you tell me what you already know about me, because you somehow managed to find my address without even speaking to me." I added a little more serious in tone causing her to frown at my sudden change in tone.

"I will take being called mysterious as a complement." She smiled playfully, placing her hand on my arm.

"And the address?" I probed, still wondering how she got it.

"I followed you of course." She clarified.

"You followed me home, without even speaking to me? That's a little bit stalkerish, don't you think?" I asked, looking over at her perplexed.

"Well I am not a stalker, if I was I wouldn't have told you I followed you." She giggled reassuringly. "Anyway, you're the one who couldn't take her eyes off me last night. You're lucky I found it endearing, some might say you're a bit of a stalker yourself."

"I hate to disappoint you, but everyone was staring at you, not just me." I teased.

"That may be true, but I saw the way you looked at me, and it definitely wasn't like any other person in the room." She smiled smugly raising her eyebrow. "I know you want me and you know it's true. Or you wouldn't have turned up here tonight, after receiving a note from a total stranger. I mean for all you know I could have been a serial killer."