diego

present day.

"HOW WAS rehab buddy?" Riya asked Klaus when he finally came out of rehab.

"Very good, I am definitely going to stay sober from now." he smiled at her. "you know, you didn't have to pick me up everytime."

"Oh, but i did sweetie." Riya smiled at Klaus and grabbed his hand and drove them home.

-x-

As soon as riya unlocked the door, she reheated food for klaus and passed it to him.

"i have to work now, please please please don't do anything which can cause you getting high!"

"Love you!" Klaus yelled as she closed the door.

"Love ya." she said and went to work.

-x-

Riya was working on her case, collecting evidence that would help her client win the case.

Even though the client was hella sus.

As she was looking at her laptop, researching, the local cafe's tv lit up and the news broadcaster announced the death of sir reginald hargreeves.

Also known as the creator of umbrella academy also knows as her father's business partner.

Unlike reginald hargreeves the creator of the raven academy alastor walton was a good man.

As much as she had heard about reginald hargreeves, she knew he was a terrible man and a worse father.

Her father was nothing like that, he was calm, caring and even loved his adoptive children.

Ben had told riya that their robot mother grace had named all of them, but the only reason the raven academy children had names as number is because reginald hargreeves had insisted on it.

Alastor walton was an amazing man, and a really good father.

Riya snapped out of her thoughts when she realised klaus was probably gonna make her go to the funeral with him.

She couldn't even lie to him saying that she was sick cause they lived together.

"Great... Just great." Riya mumbled and gathered her thing so that she can head back to her very old apartment.

-x-

Riya made her way inside the apartment and just as she thought it was empty... She knew klaus would be off getting high again, but she sort of understood him.

Looking at all those ghosts... She couldn't imagine.

But she was concerned for her bestfriend. She wanted him to stay sane and healthy.She went to the stove and reheated more food, and waited for Klaus to come back.

"Riyaaaaa!!!" Klaus barged in which made riya choke on her food."you want me to go with you to the umbrella academy." riya said plainly.

-x-

Riya and klaus arrived at the umbrella academy. "don't leave me alone dumbass!" riya sneered.

"You know the way around, go talk to others." klaus waved his hands at her and walked away to look for some money.

Riya was pulling on her black leather jacket, as she was looking around hoping to see someone.It had been a while since she had come here.

"Hey mom." riya heard a voice say.

She went towards the source and saw Vanya, "Vanny!!!" Riya squealed and ran towards her to give her a tight hug, "Oh! I have missed you so much darling." Riya grinned at Vanya as she pulled away.