nine

present day

"THE WORLD'S ending in three days." Luther tells his siblings, minus Vanya and plus Riya.

"Three days?" Allison asks as she hands Luther some coffee and Riya her hot chocolate.

Riya mutters a thanks.

"That's what Five said." Luther said.

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it. He just left out the part about how soon." Klaus says.

"You knew?" Diego mouthed to Riya who nodded.

"But can we trust him?" Allison started "I don't know if you've noticed," she waves her fingers around her head, "but Five's a little..."

"Our little psycho." Klaus laughs as he drinks his coffee.

"He was pretty convincing. If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those lunatics wouldn't be chasing him." Luther says.

"I believe him." Riya says.

"That's why they were after him?" Diego asked.

"Yeah."

"What did Five even see?" Allison asked.

"Uh... Apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible." Luther starts and obviously leaves something out... after a good minute of silence he tried to divert the attention to something else, "Okay. So, here's the plan. Uh, we go through Dad's research..."

"Wait, what?"

"Hold on, hold on."

"Hold up Curios George."

"Wait a tick, wait a tick, wait a tick." Klaus starts, "What actually happened the first time around?"

"Yeah. What are you not tellin' us?" Diego asks. "Come on, big boy, spit it out."

"We died." Luther mumbles as he sips his coffee so no one hears him.

"What was that?" Allison asked.

"I said, uh, we died." Luther said while clearing his throat.

"I didn't know that!" Riya shouted.

"Wait, wait?"

"No, we need to figure this out."

"Is it just us?" Allison asked.

"No, of course not!" Riya blurted.

"It's everybody."

"In the house?"

"The whole planet?"

"You Hargreeves are really dumb."

"No, outside the house. Everyone died." Luther said.

"Hey." Vanya said as she came in with some guy.

"Vanny!" she smiled and immediately changed her face when she saw Leonard, "Leonard." she nodded at him. 

"What's going on?" she asked.

"It's a family matter." Allison says and Riya groans.

"No, it is not. They were arguing and I was leaving. Not a family matter. Cause I am not family. Definitely NOT A FAMILY MATTER." Riya screamed. 

"A family matter." Vanya said and Riya groaned, "So you couldn't bother to include me."

"Not a family matter." Riya said again and she was ignored yet again.

"No, it's not like that. We were..."

"Don't let me interrupt." Vanya shut Luther off and began to leave.