ben

25.11.2000
twenty fifth. november. two thousand

RIYA WAS hoping to see the ben guy she had run into when she came to the book store for the first time. 

she hadn't seem him after their first encounter.

and for some strange reason the eleven year old girl just couldn't get him out of her mind.

so this time instead of waiting alone for ben to show up, she pretended like she didn't care so that he would show up.

she even brought tyler with her so that she doesn't get bored.

"i'm so bored. can we go somewhere else? this ben guy is clearly not coming." tyler shook riya to get her attention.

"five minutes!" she begged, "i'll buy you ice cream after!"

"i would say yes... but we have training. we really gotta go." tyler told her.

"fine, but i'm not buying you icecream." riya huffed.

"bitch" tyler screeched. 

"asshole" riya spat back.

"are you buying those?" tyler asked riya when he saw her with three new books.

"yeah, i came all the way here, might as well buy some." she said and he nodded.

"do you guys have bookmarks?" riya asked as she was checking out.

"yes, you see the woman in purple over there?" the person asked and both the siblings nodded, "it's in that aisle." she smiled and the siblings retuned the gesture.

"thankyou, be right back." riya said and ran towards the aisle in a human speed.

as she was checking out the bookmarks, she heard someone tap her shoulder.

she turned around and saw the reason she came to this library every weekend.

ben.

"we met a few weeks ago didn't we? it's ariya right?" he smiled.

"pretend to not remember then call him" riya told herself.

"yes, it's um- ben isn't it?" she smiled.

"yeah. how have you been?"

"i've been quite alright, what about you? did you finish perks of being a wallflower?" riya asked ben.

"i did, it was amazing!" he said.

"i know right! it was impressive. by the way, do you come here often?" she asked.

"not really, i kind of have to find time, my father is very strict so i try to sneak out." ben laughs sheepishly.

"i come here every first and last saturday of the month." he said and she nodded.

"oh, cool." she said, not knowing what else to say.

"do you wanna buddy read?" riya blurted out.

"i would like that." ben answered, "have you read the new harry potter book?"

"i read the first few chapters, have you?" she answered.

"i just bought it, maybe we can read it and talk about it." ben asked and riya nodded.

"yo! you coming? people are waiting!" tyler screamed for his sister.

riya rolled her eyes, "well, i'll you in a week? my brother is killing me and he is bloody loud." riya laughed.

"okay. see you" both waved at each other and riya left the bookstore alongside tyler.

-x-