twenty three

DIEGO, KLAUS AND ALLISON tried to save Vanya from the FBI and Klaus called himself sexy trash... but failed terribly.

All three of them were passed out.

"What do we do now!? the world is going to end!" Riya screamed.

"We can go in..." Ben started.

"How? we're gonna di-" and then she realised, "Oh!"

Ben chuckled, "how are we doing this? I don't know anything about-"

"Being dead?" he completed.

"Well... yeah." she laughed.

"Come on." he pulled her toward Klaus who was trying to stay awake.

His look pleaded them not to go inside.

They knew both of them might not come back after this.

Riya and Ben gave him one last smile before they went through the door.

"There goes the golden trio." Riya huffed.

"I'm obviously Hermione cause I'm smart." Ben smirked, "Klaus is Harry cause he's the chosen one... and he has a thing for Daniel Radcliffe and that leaves you Ron... useless." he smirked.

"How can you even say that!? Ron is an underrated gem!" Riya shouted.

"What can I say," Ben shrugged, "I still like him the least."

"That's it, we're breaking up!" she shouted.

"KInda dying together... again right now... sooo... no take backs." Ben grinned.

-x-

"Being a ghost is convenient sometimes." Riya chuckled as they entered Vanya's mind.

"I'm sorry. You shouldn't be here." Ben said sadly, "You should have been-"

"Alive?"

Ben nodded, "It was about time, it happened my love, I've cheated death too many times."

"It was too soon Ari... I wish I could do something."

"Forget it. Now we need to focus on Vanny." she smiled and pecked his cheek.

"Vanya?" Ben called out.

"Isn't this the academy?" she asked.

"Yeah..." he answered as they entered the kitchen.

"Honey, look... I think she's in this." Riya pointed at her violin.

She was right. The pair found Vanya in the corner crying. Looking so vulnerable.

"Vanya?" Ben called slowly, Riya stood a bit afar. She knew they needed this, it had been so long since the brother and sister saw each other, "Do you remember me?" he asked.

"I remember everything." Vanya cried,"And I'm doing it again, aren't I? What's wrong with me? Why can't I control myself like the rest of you guys?"

"It's not too late. You can go back. There's still time." Ben said with his calm voice.

"I don't deserve to live. I killed Pogo. I almost killed Riya, hurt Allison. I destroyed the world. I'm a monster."

"Nonsense, sweetie you aren't a monster. You are Vanya Hargreeves, You are awesome, badass, nice." Riya smiled.

"Dad treated you like a bomb before you ever were one. He was... so scared of your power, he never let you use it. Drugged you up, kept you numb for years. That's messed up, Vanya. No wonder you couldn't control it. Dad couldn't handle your anger. That doesn't mean you can't.And maybe you have a right to be pissed off and sad and messed up, but......it's a shitty world full of shitty people sometimes." Ben said and gently grabbed his sisters hand.

"You aren't a monster. You're my sister." (everyone say awwwwww) "And right now, our siblings are risking everything out there trying to save you. You aren't alone at the table anymore, Vanya. You can do this."

Vanya looked up and smiled.

It took her a second it realise, "What are you doing here? are you de-" she asked Riya.

"I'm sorry." Riya smiled sadly.

"How? did I kill you?" Vanya asked sounding terrified.

"No, no, no! The Swedes did it. Don't worry I'm fine. More than really." she smiled and looked at Ben.

Vanya chuckled and stood up.

But then she saw Ben and Riya who were being disintegrating.

"Ben, Riya what's happening?" Vanya asked.

"We can't go back with you." Ben answered not looking at Vanya directly.

"What do you mean? I'm hurting you, aren't I?" Vanya cried.

"Not your fault! please don't carry everything on your shoulder." Riya said as both her and Ben stood up hand in hand.

"It's not your fault. I've been holding on as long as I can in here, but..." Ben started but Vanya cut him off.

"You shouldn't have come for me."

"Vanya... I died 17 years ago. All the rest of this... these years with Klaus... it's all been gravy." he sighed, "At least this time I get to say goodbye." he smiled.

Riya's grip on Ben's hand was tighter.

"Can I ask you a weird favor?" Ben asked.

"Anything." Vanya agreed instantly.

"Can you hug me as I go? It's been a long time since..." Vanya didn't hesitate to embrace her brother.

Ben and Vanya looked at Riya and opened their arms for her to come in.

"Group hug!" she screamed and joined in.

"Tell Klaus something for me, will you?" Ben asked.

"I need to tell him something too."

"Tell him, I'm not your bitch anymore!" she said and Vanya chuckled.

"Classic." Ben laughed.

-x-

thenksforreading<3