Geopolitics and Map of the Land

This is a random list of Land Rules in case you didn't read Ayn's Healing. If you did, you can start reading the actual story :). 

-------------

The Land is split between regular humans, witches (magic people) and shape shifters.

Each subspecies controls a third of the Land.

Leadership

Witches are organised in Clans around Lakes. Their societal organisation is a federal matriarchy, lead by an all female council.

Shifters in packs named after their male leader. They are co-lead by an Alpha and a Luna. The Shifter territory is also a federation, lead by an all male council.

Regular humans live in cities. They exist only to annoy the other subspecies, by rationing cars, electronics and complaining to the different councils about border crossings.

The subspecies have two things keeping them united: a Land Council with a supreme decision power, as well as trade interests that prevail over whatever genetic, cultural and religious differences they have.

Borders

Borders can be crossed with written permissions:

One time permissions (lowest level) are green

Long term permissions (middle level) are orange. These are applicable between territories that have standing agreements.

Challenges

Shifters like their peace so they try not to take each other's throat at the first opportunity. As such, challenges are (mostly) regulated. They can occur only during a pack transfer and, in exceedingly rare cases, an unplanned challenge can be raised under the supervision of the Shifters' Council.

Religion

The Shifters worship the Moon Goddess and live according to the Wolves' Way (which is a mix of religious and legal precepts).

The Witches pray to the Gods of Nature. 

Glitches 

This phenomenon has a dual form in this book: 

- an uncontrolled manifestation of an elemental witch's power 

- the random emergence of an additional power (on top of the elemental ones). Like Ayn, Lars' mother received mind power (which is actually telekinesis, but mind power sounds much better). 

Dark magic 

A type of magic that obliterates all other supernatural powers, including elemental magic or the ability of shifting. It's referred to as a dark sheath. The sheath can only be sensed when fully closed (when it's too late). Only Defenders can sense it from the outside. 

Age of consent

All characters in this book are past the age of consent (16). Inner wolves awake at 18 (with one exception :). 

Map of the Land V 1.1

-----

-----

A/N: One day I will learn to draw and take pictures without shadows, but today is not that day.