Chapter 24 - Lars

"You attacked her while she was still in human form?"

My fist mercilessly meets my brother's jaw. There is no multitasking as satisfying as debriefing my Beta on Isabel's training while also improving his fighting skills.

"She needs to learn to shift faster and you bro, you need to get laid," Eino moans,  rubbing the bone that cracked under my hit.

The young one is the only shifter in this pack I can properly train with. My wolves are rising slowly, but in the absence of a healer, I don't want to have them disabled for days at a time. Eino however heals quickly, it's one of his superpowers. That, and charming every female that crosses his path. 

But overall his assessment is correct. My frustration levels are fairly high. 

Sharing a house with Isabel is very difficult. I thought that moving her into the other wing would be sufficient to give me some peace of mind, but sadly, it is not. I smell her everywhere and Lightning is in a constant state of lusty madness.

***

Last night it was particularly bad because she wore one of her revealing dresses at dinner and I could almost taste her skin in my mouth. It also gave me a generous peak in the aftermath of her training with my brother. Fighting the urge to comfort her with hugs and soft kisses until she would feel better, and then maybe make those kisses a little bit deeper and those hugs a little bit tighter - was soul-killing. 

I took a long cold shower that didn't help.

I took myself in the hand, pretending it was her fist wrapped around my shaft and I watched myself cum on the blue tiles. That brought absolutely no release.

I then smoked my way through the grass supply Sven had graciously sent me, but when that also did not calm my wolf's horny growls, I grabbed two shift suits and went knocking at Isabel's door.

She opened quickly, but her cute sleepy face became all stern when she saw me.

"Alpha?"

I took in the sight of her body, wrapped in a flannel pajama. There was an endearing softness to her stance and I rubbed the fabric that covered her arms, noticing mindlessly:

"I've never seen you wearing pants...or a shirt. It suits you, you should wear this all the time."

"This is my nightwear. I am only allowed to wear it in my room...Alpha, are you high?"

"As a kite," I smiled sheepishly and walked my fingers higher on the back of her biceps. "What do you mean with allowed?"

"There is a list of outfits I am requested to wear in public...Seriously, have you read any of Owen's notes?"

"You mean that Luna dress code guideline? I thought it was a joke." 

The things on it were ridiculous. They included underwear style and color. I chuckled remembering that today it was black lace day. Isabel however was not amused, and her angry hiss told me it was not a joke.

"Is this why you are freezing in those summery dresses? Because you were not allowed to cover yourself in his presence?" 

The penny dropped for me and her frustrated frown indicated I was right.

"I am not allowed to cover my mark in the presence of other pack members."

I was bothered that she recited this in the present tense as if her dead mate's orders still hold value for her.

"What else were you not allowed to do, Isabel?"

She shyly glanced at me, mouthing silently that it was all in her file. I was very angry and if  I went to my office to look for it, I would have flooded that room beyond repair.